“Great Resort and Amenities”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Came up for a family vacation and anniversary amd I couldnt have asked for a better stay. My son had blast, I had a blast, and my wife had a blast. There are so many different waterparks and everything for every age range. Yes it is a huge place but it has so much to offer. Check in was easy and smooth and the guy who helped us with is was very pleasant and did a great job explaining everything the place had to offer. We loved it so much we plan on coming back again before years end

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wilderness Resort

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Family of 4 on vacation, spent 3 days here. By far the nicest place in the Dells. Clean pool and friendly staff. Plenty of life guards on duty. We would highly recommend staying here! We were able to check in before 4:00. We went durning the week which was a good idea, no lines for rides so we had plenty of time to go on the slides we wanted to.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Leddywade
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stopped by here with grandson on the way home from where he lives. Stopped here to let him play in the waterpark and relax: breaking up the trip back home. Front staff was quick on check-in and friendly unlike other resorts in the area. Romms a little pricey: but got a great, clean room. Another fine stay here. Will return in the future.

Room Tip: Room was on ground floor by one of the pools.
1  Thank Fredelcamino
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the second year that we have come here. The staff is very friendly and helpful, we love that we can park our car and don't have to drive anywhere on the resort after we check in. The shuttle bus is always quick to pick up and get you to where you want to go. Love the new two story lazer tag.

1  Thank Susan A
Reviewed June 23, 2014

After a grueling drive to get to the water park resort guess what no room!! I had asked for early check in and did not get in my room until 4 pm!! We had to eat lunch in the car! The kids were far from thrilled. Then to make matters worse it was not even near the outside park that I requested. I requested a room with a balcony overlooking the pool and got a ground level room with a view of the parking lot. The people above us were running and screaming until after midnight. I have stayed here many times and have never been so thoroughly disappointed.What a let down.

Room Tip: Get a map of the resort and pick your own room. Apparently some people do not understand the term &q...
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The customer service here is the worse I have seen anywhere. I stayed at the wilderness hotel portion of the resort. I checked in and the guy at the front desk was awesome. That was the end of the quality customer service. We checked into our room and had trouble with our key. Didn't think much of it. Unloaded our stuff changed went to dinner and a night on the town. Came back 5 hours later and our door was cracked. Went in our room cautiously and found no one in there went to close the door and it wouldn't latch. Went to the front desk because I was upset. We had all our things in the room. The manager informed us this is a problem with there doors and maintenance would be down in a min. No apology or anything other than to give me a free fun pass. Guess what that in no way shape or form made up for our room being open to thousands of people while we were gone. The maintenance guys show up and tell us the security latches are defected and don't allow the doors to close.

Second day which was worse. I went to the swim up bar and got a drink. Told the bartender I was allergic to coconut. Ordered my drink and took a big drink. Had coconut rum in it. I have had this happen before so I know what it tastes like. Also am a bartender. Went back to the bar seconds later and asked if there was coconut rum in it she said yes. I told her I was allergic again and pointed at what I ordered and said its not in the description. She then changed her tune about it being in there. Went to the front desk and they told me they had to have the manager call my room. She never apologized she told me to go to urgent care if I needed but they would not be paying for it and that the bartender told her what she put in the drink so I was mistaken. I spent the rest of my night miserable. Never called to check in again. These people are awful. Pretty much called a liar. I would have give customer service a 0 if at all possible.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Meggocouch
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed in a Wilderness Cabin (4 bedroom). The only downside of the cabins are being about 1.5-2 miles from the main campus of waterpark areas.

Overall the stay was great. We had an amazing cabin. The bedrooms were large and there was a separate full bathroom per family. While they didnt fully service the cabins, someone dropped off fresh towels and took out the trash for us each day.

The reason we stayed at Wilderness was to experience the water parks. We went to the three larger indoor parks and each one was amazing in its own right. Once basically only had a large wave pool and one slide but it was an intense wave pool, among the best I have experienced in the dells. The other pools all had nice slides. We went to three of the outdoor areas. I think we missed one that was on the northern part of the campus. The outdoor pools were all relatively heated so the water felt warm and there were some nice outdoor hot tubs.

We didnt do much else at the resort, but there are plenty of activities for kids and families and its a short ride to everywhere in the dells.

Would def stay again.

Room Tip: The cabins all are probably priced, but definitely pricey. In my opinion it is worth it though for...
1  Thank P0cketAces