My husband and I drove 6 teenagers up to the Wilderness. By staying Sunday-Tuesday we were able to stay at a three bedroom condo for the price of a weekend hotel stay. We were able to walk to all the parks (excluding WOTL) and the kids spent the evenings in the adjacent park playing volleyball and soccer. The three bedroom condo was perfect for our needs. Girls upstairs with their own bathroom, and boys downstairs with their own bath. We were able to provide breakfast/lunch/dinner without restaurant expenses. A little wear and tear on the unit, but it is easier to be forgiving when you are paying less then 1/2 of in-season rate. Kept reminding myself that we were only a few of probably 2-5k people that sleep under the roof during the year. Lots of ceramic tile in the unit, combined with wet feet from the park, probably not the safest flooring choice.
Biggest disappointment was the check in process. We received a text message when our condo was available, but the message failed to note that the desk we checked in was no longer open. By the time I went from the waterpark to the original desk, to my car in a far off lot (suggested at check in) and drove around to find another lobby, I was not happy. A placard noting that the lobby desk is closed doesn't do any good unless it directs you to an open lobby. So grateful I was not travelling with a passel of toddlers. Goofy thing was the same clerk was at the 2nd check in desk as was at the 1st-so directing me to the second check in site should not have been to difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin