Wilderness Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$104
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$86
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$84
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$170
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$185
$179
$229
TripAdvisor
3,103 results
All reviewswave poolwater parkmini golfklondike kavernindoor waterglacier canyonall agesbumper boatslaser tagblack holeropes coursezip linefun passindoor parkslazy riverkids eat freewild waterdome
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this report five times. We have never had a problem. We love the different waterparks, and you can't beat the price at $99 a night during the off season for a room with two queen beds for four people. Yes, the indoor waterparks are spread out. You will have to do some walking. This is not a problem unless you are disgustingly lazy. Yes, there are a lot of stairs. How else do you expect to get to the top of the slides? Yes, it can be loud. If you want peace and quiet, go to a spa. This is a waterpark resort, and there will be children and noise. Some of the negative reviews on here are so ridiculous. Pay no attention to them. I
would recommend this resort
to anyone looking for a fun getaway at a great price! Like I said, my husband and I have gone five times. We both love it, and will continue to return again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Wilderness twice now with my family. We get a 4 bedroom condo for my husband and I, our 4 kids, his parents and brothers. Saves us a lot of money on a family trip to bring food and cook our own meals in the kitchen there. The condo's have plenty of room and are very nice. There are shuttle busses to take you anywhere on site you need to go which is great, and the kids love the waterparks. There are so many it's impossible to get bored, also the kids love the arcades and the timberland play place. The mini golf is great too. We buy the wilderness fun pass I think it's called which is a good deal for all the activities. The last time we stayed there we were a little disapointed with the condo because some things were broken and the appliances made a lot of noise at night, but when we relayed our concerns to staff they apologized and gave us coupons for our next stay which we really appreciated. We will definately stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We met family friends at the Wilderness Resort for 2 days, 2 nights of waterpark fun in November! The 3 indoor waterparks are easy to navigate and kept our 4 kids (15,14,11,10) entertained, busy, and by checkout time... exhausted. It was a very quiet 7 hour drive home! There was plenty to do on the premises outside of being waterlogged. Climbing tower, arcade, lazer tag, mini-golf, ice cream, candy store, pottery painting,,,, we ran out of time before we ran out of things to do. The wave pool was the overwhelming favorite attraction. It is HUGE and aggressive without the danger of shark attacks :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. I feel the second floor rooms could be noisy as the second floor connects all of the resort buildings - lots of foot traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family of 4 stayed in a golf course cabin January 2011 and again in January 2012. We enjoyed the extra space in the cabins vs. staying in a condo or hotel room. We also appreciated the additional privacy. We used to stay at the Chula Vista 2 bedroom condos but the Wilderness cabins are much larger, cost less, and Wilderness has 3 indoor water parks instead of just one.
The real gas fireplace and gas grill are great in the winter. The kids do miss the Chula Vista condo hot tub and I miss the great Wisconsin River view.

We always try to go when there are less people. Wilderness is a huge resort and its easy to imagine how over crowded the indoor water parks become.

We had a few issues last year. The neighboring cabin occupants were there to party and they took up all the parking spaces. Wilderness issues parking permits at check in to put on the dash but they are useless because there are no parking restrictions enforced.

The carpet was very worn and needed to be stretched. We kept tripping over the "wrinkles" in the high traffic areas.

The cabins have a good layout for our family. The indoor water parks are still entertaining to our kids. We have already booked for January 2014!

Room Tip: Its easier to drive to the water parks than take the shuttle at these cabins during the winter. You don't have to wait and don't need to deal with changing clothes to avoid freezing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank blakester49
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Wilderness both in the summer and fall. This time we went for 3 days in November. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the little fridge was very conveinient. The water parks were great the kids LOVED them, Cubby's Cove was for smaller kids, 7 and under, but the others were for all ages. Some of the water rides for more mature riders were awesome, I myself enjoyed the Black Hole and the Hurricane scared me to death. We bought the adventure pass (Well Worth the price), which included 2 rounds of Glow in the Dark Golf, Lazer Tag, Haunted House, Bumper Boats and the Northeren Lights Rope climbing, my 6 yr old did the Northeren Lights and she loved it, it was kinda scary to watch her, but it was awesome! Golf was ok, nothing too special, but all the kids aged 4-9 loved the bumper boats. We actually ran out of time to finish all of the activites on the pass, Haunted House was for kids 7 and older I'd say, and the mirror maze was confusing to even myself, and we didn't do Lazer Tag. I'd stay again in a minute......

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family