Wilderness Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dell Creek Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Glacier Canyon Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Cliffside Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
Twi-Lite Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Kings Inn Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Lakeside Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Sundara Inn and Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
3,088 results
All reviewswave poolwater parkmini golfklondike kavernindoor waterglacier canyonall agesbumper boatslaser tagblack holeropes coursezip linefun passindoor parkslazy riverkids eat freewild waterdome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had last visited the Wilderness four years ago and I gave it a 3 star rating at that time. Now, the 3 indoor water parks were essentially the same except they've added entirely too many rooms to the resort. The walk to a particular water park might take you the better part of 15 minutes (possibly one-half mile). The overcrowding made the water parks an ordeal. Our condo was in the Glacier Lodge and was okay except for some very annoying shortcomings. First, the kitchen is supplied with the absolute bare minimum utensils, pots, pans, etc. The second bathroom is only a sink and stool. With four children in our group we needed a second shower. Beds were okay. I would have given the experience a higher rating except for the overcrowding in the water parks (even on a weekday in the Fall) made the visit painful. Also, the pricing for extra activities and food were outrageous ($3.50 for a cup of chocolate milk!). Try somewhere else.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Wilderness several times. This time I chose the Villa to have a little more room and 2 showers (a requirement for me with a family of 5 at a Waterpark). The Villas are fantastic -- our 2BR unit was about 2000 square feet! Very large full kitchen. You do have to walk outside for about 100 yards (depending on your unit) to get into the park (further if Klondike is not open), and it was around 40-50 degrees for most of our stay, so that walk can be a little chilly, especially when you are wet. It would be nice if they had a back way into the Waterdome. Bedding is not great, but tolerable -- we stayed at Wilderness on the Lake a couple of years ago, where they had great rooms, but bedding was horrible.

The Waterparks are really nice for Indoor -- many more options that the Kalahari or Great Wolf. The wave pool is by far the best in the area (pretty intense, keep close to your kids). Wave pool can get a little more dangerous if there are a lot of teenage boys around, who seem to be intent on ramming in to everyone without trying to avoid. Some of their "lifeguards" are extremely slow -- it almost seems as if they try to keep rides moving slowly: The best ride in the park is the Hurricane: We waited 45 minutes for our first ride, then realized that the reason it was so slow is because the operator didn't even let the next group get into the raft until the prior group and raft were completely out of the pool at the bottom. Loading up so they could ride as soon as the prior group was out would have saved over a minute per ride, which would have really helped (and if this is the policy, it was not consistent -- another day the ride workers were really moving and had the line moving more than twice as fast). Most times when we tried this ride the line was just way too long. The layout of the parks creates some long walks as well. Not a problem for us, but I would certainly recommend anyone staying in the hotel portion of the park to specifically avoid the 2nd floor -- I can't imagine having a hotel room with constant crowds walking past your door from 9am-10pm+ every day.

Food prices in the resort are high (to be expected), but, as is common with amusement parks, the food is just not very good. I wish these places would figure out that customers will pay these outrageous prices if they actually provided quality food. While there are signs everywhere saying you can't bring food or drink into the water parks, there were families with full coolers of their own meals. Half of the tables had outside food, and nothing seemed to be enforced -- I appreciated that and it saved me a lot of money to at least be able to bring my own water and snacks into the parks.

A huge variation in the quality of the staff. We experienced some exceptional customer service (laser tag worker who let my wife and I in free when we were just planning on having the kids go, maintenance showing up 5 minutes after I called about the water heater and a lamp, coffee delivered less than 5 minutes after my call), some indifference, and some horrible (see note about the staff at the Hurricane).

Overall a nice trip, and I will definately pay a little extra to stay in the Villas in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor in the hotel section. You will be sorry if you get one of those rooms (particularly during indoor-only park season).
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The rooms could use updates to bedding, but are otherwise great. BUT, be prepared to spend a fortune if you buy food here! $2.75 for a 6 oz cup of yogurt you can buy at the store for $0.69! You cannot bring food into pool, so don't go hungry! Rooms all have microwave, coffee maker and fridge - thank goodness! Lots of activities besides pools - lazer tag, mini golf, arcade and much more. But be prepared to walk for long distances to go from pool to pool.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am usually not a huge fan of big amusement parks but I have to say that coming here with my brother's kids was a really fun time. The kids loved it which was contagious. The Stay was great and relaxing. No worries. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Wilderness Resort - the last being 4 years ago & we have loved it each time. So much to do! Love the fact that once you are checked in you do not have to venture off the property everything you need is all here. We have an 8 hour drive to travel to the resort from Canada and it is well worth it. Check in was quick, our Suite was ready when we checked in at 3 p.m. It had the woods view, very nice & peaceful with a nice balcony to relax on. The Survivors bartender was very friendly - this was our first stop for my husband & I after our long drive; while our boys explored the resort getting their bearing where the waterparks were etc. 3 very large Indoor water parks right at the Wilderness main resort building. Incredibly fun water slides. The Hurricane is scary and exhilirating all the at the same time. Loved it! You definately get your workout from climbing the stairs to the tops of the waterslides. Loved the lazy river in the Kondike Kavern waterpark and the Big Wave Pool, wow! 5' rollers you get to float on when the wave pool starts up. Fun! The 2 glow in the dark Mini-golfs a lot of fun. The Lazer Tag even I had fun as did our boys. Brings out the kid in you. The Bumper boats again, Fun! The Mirror Maze and Tombstone Town very well done, Tombstone Town Beware not for those faint of heart. The Northern Ball Tower was lots of fun for our boys, they had a blast climbing the tunnels & shooting nerf balls at each other. But I think the best part as least for my youngest (11years old) was the Rope Course located above the Arcade. He did this twice really like it. My husband & oldest also did the Rope Course but for me it was too high. Very well done. We enjoyed Giant Banana Splits at Pistol Petes Ice Cream parlor & I do need to stress Giant! that they were.

Food we did not eat at the Wilderness, however plentifully available. We instead enjoyed breakfast just a very short drive away around the corner at Howies restaurant, good food & great prices, friendly staff. Dinners we also went to nearby places, the MooseJaw Pizza place and Monty's Bar & Grill.

Next time, I am sure my youngest will be trying out the Zip Line.
Souvenir shopping is great too as is the Candy store for sweets.

Looking forward to going back; perhaps with a larger group next time; it would be Fun!

Room Tip: rooms on 2nd floor are on the main walkway. From one end to the other is about a 15 min walk.