This was our second time staying at the Wilderness Resort - the last being 4 years ago & we have loved it each time. So much to do! Love the fact that once you are checked in you do not have to venture off the property everything you need is all here. We have an 8 hour drive to travel to the resort from Canada and it is well worth it. Check in was quick, our Suite was ready when we checked in at 3 p.m. It had the woods view, very nice & peaceful with a nice balcony to relax on. The Survivors bartender was very friendly - this was our first stop for my husband & I after our long drive; while our boys explored the resort getting their bearing where the waterparks were etc. 3 very large Indoor water parks right at the Wilderness main resort building. Incredibly fun water slides. The Hurricane is scary and exhilirating all the at the same time. Loved it! You definately get your workout from climbing the stairs to the tops of the waterslides. Loved the lazy river in the Kondike Kavern waterpark and the Big Wave Pool, wow! 5' rollers you get to float on when the wave pool starts up. Fun! The 2 glow in the dark Mini-golfs a lot of fun. The Lazer Tag even I had fun as did our boys. Brings out the kid in you. The Bumper boats again, Fun! The Mirror Maze and Tombstone Town very well done, Tombstone Town Beware not for those faint of heart. The Northern Ball Tower was lots of fun for our boys, they had a blast climbing the tunnels & shooting nerf balls at each other. But I think the best part as least for my youngest (11years old) was the Rope Course located above the Arcade. He did this twice really like it. My husband & oldest also did the Rope Course but for me it was too high. Very well done. We enjoyed Giant Banana Splits at Pistol Petes Ice Cream parlor & I do need to stress Giant! that they were.
Food we did not eat at the Wilderness, however plentifully available. We instead enjoyed breakfast just a very short drive away around the corner at Howies restaurant, good food & great prices, friendly staff. Dinners we also went to nearby places, the MooseJaw Pizza place and Monty's Bar & Grill.
Next time, I am sure my youngest will be trying out the Zip Line.
Souvenir shopping is great too as is the Candy store for sweets.
Looking forward to going back; perhaps with a larger group next time; it would be Fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin