We stayed in the Retreat Cabin E, loved it! It was a great space for our entire extended family. We slept 10 adults, (married) and 6 unmarried & young adults. The room arrangements were perfect for us. The rooms are all very spacious. The big kitchen was nice for fixin meals and serving them. the wrap around deck had seating for 8. But plenty of room for more chairs. Which I feel they needed. A gas barbeque grill. We were worried that it being off site would make it difficult to enjoy the waterparks efficiently. But the shuttles were timely and most of the drivers were friendly and courteous, sometimes its hard to get that many people out of the cabin at the same time and on a shuttle. you need patient drivers.
The Waterparks I believe for a resort are OUTSTANDING! So many options for everyone's interest level. We also rented cabana's in two of the main area's Lost World cabana was a great location, but we had a hard time convincing the reservation staff that we wanted to be near a zero clearance pool area vs a deep pool area. We had little kids that we wanted to be able to play right outside the cabana, they need to be a little more accommodating to preferences. The cabana at the Wild Waterdome was especially nice because it had a mini fridge and it was air conditioned. Also it was a quiet space for the little guys to nap. Some of our group did the go carts said it wasn't worth the price and that the carts had no power. Others took advantage of the packaged play deal, good value. I have included some pix of the cabin because it was hard to find this particular cabin online.
Other notes: We never ran out of Hot Water and the washer and dryer was great. They brought us towels once and that seemed to hold us. Things to bring that weren't provided was few. They don't state that the cabin has a blender but it did.
We could've used more kitchen towels and we resorted to using bathroom hand towels. Bring lots of paper towels. I would've like to see the cabin have a beverage fridge. it had a small mini fridge in the basement but was not big enough and also not near the general traffic zone of the deck and main living where everyone hung out.
We did have one sort of major problem the air conditioning unit was having major issues and considering it was actually mild temps it could not keep up at all. It was checked out by maintenance twice with no real solution. The resort did give a fairly decent discount for the inconvenience but having it cool when u have been outside waterparking all day is important.
Side note this cabin also supplies a pack and play for sleeping the very small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin