“Good value for winter family weekend”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have 3 kids ages 4-9, and they loved being able to explore this resort. They loved going back and forth from the wave pool to the other waterparks. It is very crowded on the weekends. We went from Thursday night to Saturday morning. It seemed like we had the park to ourselves until Friday evening, and then it got crowded quickly and the lines tripled in size. Some of the rooms are a bit dated, but still a good value and we ended up spending very little time in the room, so it didn't matter to us.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I have been visiting the Wilderness every year for the last four. We always stay on the Wyndham side in the condos. The condos are beautiful and very comfortable. We love cooking our own meals, so we don't have to get dressed for dinner out. After visiting four times, I would think things would get boring for us, but my husband, kids, and I all had a great time once again last weekend. We love the wave pool, which we think is one of the best (we have been to many waterparks around the country). Loved the rope climbing course, lazer tag, and bumper boats. We stayed until 3:00 on Sunday, which is later than we have ever stayed, and found the waterparks very empty after 1:00. We were able to jump on slides without any waits. I always purchase the condo rental through Ebay and I have never had any issues. We have visited in the fall, winter, and spring break, crowds are always the worse on Saturday afternoon. My kids keep asking to go in the Summer to check out all the outdoor fun, but we have never made it. We will be visiting again next year.

1  Thank Travelmother73
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited here with my SIL and her family of five. Ages of kids were 2, 4, 9 and 11. There are so many things to choose from, with three separate indoor water park areas and an indoor play area with arcade. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I especially like the suites with the privacy wall and pullout couch - this works great for larger families. We loved that the rooms come with a fridge and microwave so you can bring some of your own food and save some money. We ate breakfast and snacks in the room, ate out one night and ordered pizza in another. As for the water park areas - they each offer something a little different, from the wave pool, several different slides, lazy river, and splash pads for little ones. The kids won't get bored! And when everyone is done with being wet, their indoor play area is great too - not only sporting a large arcade, but also a free climbing area with balls you can shoot from different levels. I can't really compare to other indoor water parks in the Dells area as this is the only one we've visited, but from what I've read and what we've experienced, this is the one we would return to.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelerPatti
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our 2nd trip to Wilderness. Stayed at Glacier in the time share. Of course, love the water parks, rooms are awesome. Had been reading that the customer service was not great when I lost my camera. Called & left an e-mail. Lost & found responded right away to both. Turned out that we found it ourselves but was impressed at their response. Also found many of the life guards & even towel "people (?)" were downright cheerful, friendly & helpful. Even just walking through the hallway got many smiles & greetings from employees. We will be back & rec. to anyone who asks!

1  Thank DnDMom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Took a few years off from the Wilderness after a not so pleasant trip a few years ago. But you can't beat the Wilderness room options. The condo's are great for large groups and kids. Even extra space to bring a few neighborhood kids. The water parks are a little crowded on the weekends and Cabana's are almost a must unless you want to 'claim' a chair when the pool opens. Our kids are all over 12 years old so the ability to walk from pool to pool or take the shuttle back to the condo is awesome. Parents can sit in the Cabana and relax (and enjoy the drink service) Great place for big groups or multi generations.

Room Tip: Condo's are my favorite option.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at Glacier Canyon Lodge for a long weekend. The room was awesome and exactly as shown on the website. All three indoor waterparks were clean, well maintained, and had fun slides. The towel cards that are used really help to keep towels from cluttering up the place. The resort had a family costume party on Friday night since it was the weekend before Halloween. That was great and my 10 year old and her friends had a great time. The Wild Fun pass is an excellent deal and the activities were fun to do in between the waterparks. All of the staff members we encountered and even the lifeguards were cheerful and looked to be enjoying themselves which is not typical of all resorts. The buffet at the Canyon Cafe had a lot to offer and kids ate free there. We ordered pizza for delivery to our room from Sorrento's. It came right on time and the pizza, salad, and breadsticks were excellent. The only negative to the entire weekend was the haunted hotel. Many parts of it were too scary for the three 10 year old girls we had with us. I had asked how scary it was before entering and was told it was not bad and there were no people that jump out. But there were animatronic people that pop out and the severed heads descending from the ceiling was pretty bad. There should be an easy way to get out if you decide you need to leave. All in all this was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone. It will be on my list to return in the warmer months when all of the outside water attractions are open

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Speedygonzo3224
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a large family gathering and stayed in two condo's which were right next to each other. This layout worked great since we had 16 people. Each unit had 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, a full kitchen, dining room, screened in outdoor patio, and two fireplaces. We stayed in 215D which had a nice view of the woods. There was a smoke detector with a dead battery in our living room. I called the front desk and a service person was at our unit in 5 minutes and took care of the problem. I was very impressed with the prompt service.