“Best waterpark hotel in the Dells”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fun for kids of all ages. Several indoor waterparks to choose from. Obviously they are all included with your stay so try them all. I love the Wild Waterdome with the huge wave pool and tan-through ceiling. And in the summer a slew of outdoor waterparks too. We have tried all the major waterparks in the Dells including Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, Mount Olympus, Chula Vista, and others. We keep coming back to the Wilderness.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less foot traffic noise if you like to sleep late.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wilderness Resort

Reviewed October 23, 2012

1st time visitor and won't be going back. Water parks were fun, I will give them that. Customer Service is nothing to brag about. Items stolen from hotel room and 1st security officer had no idea where the camera's were at and said this never happens. Second security officer, a 30 year employee, knew where the camera's were and said this happens all the time. Proceeded to tell us most of the time it is housekeeping that steals from guest rooms. REALLY??? if you know this, why is there not more training and supervising done? Still do not know if security tapes have been reviewed. Also, security officer #2 pretty much blamed the guest in telling us we did not lock our doors - yep, our doors.- THEY WERE LOCKED! We were on the ground level and had a patio door. He proceeded to tell us that "some" rooms have boards that need to be put in the door to insure no one can get in...well, guess what, this room did not have one. Why would some rooms have them and some not? Shouldn't that be "STANDARD" and shouldn't Housekeeping put the board in place when done cleaning the room so the guest knows it is there when they try to use the patio door. REALLY? The Wilderness Resort needs some SERIOUS staff training and need to care more about their guest safety.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground level and BE SURE YOU LOCK YOUR DOOR and do NOT LEAVE anything of value in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LKJK
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We were there for a long weekend in October. The hotel was sold out, and it was PACKED!!! The 3 indoor waterparks were very spread out, and all were very crowded. It might not have been so bad if it was summertime and the outdoor waterparks were open. It might have been better if it was just one big waterpark, instead of 3 separate parks.
The rooms were okay and seemed to be clean. The food in the hotel was nothing to write home about. We decided to eat offsite most of the time.
Overall, it's not a place that I would rush right back to - especially if it was a busy weekend in the colder months.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We did not stay at the resort but we had day passes to the waterparks. They were amazing and fun. The Waterdome was nice and relaxing. I really appreciated the family friendly atmosphere. My 11 month old was allowed to come on the family waterslides with us. There were lifejackets for children to use at no cost. The lockers were very practical and they are valid for a day. You can move your stuff from one locker to another in a different waterpark and it is included. My favorite of the waterparks was Wild West.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Wow, has been the best 3 days ever, we came at low season which I think is the best time. Not a lot of people or crowds. My kids 9 yrs old and 4 yr old LOVED it.. Everything has been great! From the staff to the activities this place has. We did the Haunted Hotel and the mirror maze. I then went to try the Sundara Spa and holy crap that was a speechless experience. Totally recommend this place..

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My first time going to the Dells and we had a a wonderful time. We drove down Route 12 for a beautiful 3 hour drive watching the fall colors the whole way. It was very easy to find the hotel. We visited in the off season so our stay was reasonably priced. We also took advantage of the Wild Fun Pass. For $19 they gave us..
1 Admission to the NEW Northern Lights Sky Ropes Course
9 Holes of black light mini-golf at the Wild Buccaneer
9 Holes of black light mini-golf at the Wild Abyss
1 Bumper boat ride at the Wild West Bumper Boats*
1 Game of laser tag at the OK Corral Lazer Arena
1 Admission to Haunted Hotel & Mirror Maze (This can be a bit loud and scary for younger children)
$1 Off hand-blended ice cream at Pistol Pete's
We did everything except the ice cream and really enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend the lazer tag and sky ropes during the day as it gets pretty crowded at night. If you visit the arcades, you can not charge to your room. I believe it has to be paid in cash FYI.

We found the staff to be very helpful and check in was easy. However, they forgot to give us the Wild Fun passes and I had to go back. The line was long second time around. The staff was very nice and apologized for the mistake. From checkout they did send us to some concierge who tried to get us to go to some condo/lodge solicitation. I would recommend skipping it entirely.

Upon entry to our rooms we found them to be very comfortable. Very clean, plenty of towels, pillows, good lighting and pretty quiet for such a large resort. You can hear people running down the hallways but, we could not hear anyone in the rooms or walking above (we were on the ground floor).

On to the watermarks. My pre-teen boys loved the Wildwest, Klondike Cavern and Wild Waterdome. We did not bother to go to the 4th indoor park we were told it was really for the little ones and also we didn't feel like going outside even for a quick run to the shuttle. Pure laziness on our part. By the way, this place is huge so be prepared for a lot of walking. Also, I brought a swim cover up but, I think next time I would also bring a robe. It was a little chilly on those long walks back to our room. The temperature change is significant in the hotel as compared to the pool area.

Meals
We were lazy and purchased all our meals at the resort and just charged them to our room. Kids 12 and under eat free if their is a matching paying adult at the Wild Canyon Cafe (by the check-in desk). The snack area next door was nice too. My husband and me had a babysitter and were able to enjoy a nice dinner at the Fields at the Wilderness. Very pricey but, a very nice dinner with great service and a beautiful view. Pool area food is okay. Kind of like what you would get at your local pool. If you want to save money you can go to the local Walmart and stock up on snacks and drinks. We just wanted to relax and did not want to leave the resort.

Ultimately we were very pleasantly surprised at our visit to the Wilderness. The staff throughout the hotel were so nice and the place was very clean. When we were checking out my friend could not get into her room as the key card reader battery had died. She was in a hurry and the hotel went out of their way to get the room open so she could check out. I would definitely recommend this place and will likely come again when I need a short break.

1  Thank midwest4
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my first time going to Wisconsin Dells, I was very excited to have a fun experience with my 3 boys and my sister, nephew and my brother-in-law, which they have all been to the Dells before. My boys and I checked in Friday Oct 12th, my sister checked in Saturday morning. We were offered $50.00 off the 2 night stay and a $100 gift card to the restaurants for taking a tour of new condos, which we took but did not receive the promised gifts. Trying not to let their word not being held to, we went about our stay. My son and I were in the hot tub in the Klondike and it was close to the time the pool was closing, 9:50 to be exact, we were only in the hot tub 30 mins, being able to see our belonging the entire time, I saw an employee cleaning up next to out things, my son went to get them, he saw her moving my bag and she had covered it up with a towel, now our belongings were on to separate chairs. My son didn't think anything, for the fact it was an employee and she was "cleaning up" (stealing) . I had gotten sick earlier that day and wanted a 7up, went to get money out to go to the vending machine to see everything was taken. Over $200! My son and I went to the front desk called security and filed a police report. We were told to meet the lifeguard supervisor and the security at the front desk at 7am. Went there to find nobody. The front desk manger JOSH, was rude, angry, and extremely unprofessional. I was very disturbed by how JOSH was handling the situation, so I went to let my sister know what had happen over the night, her husband as a manager of a very well know company, who I knew would be professional and knew how to handle the situation, went down there and tried to speak with JOSH, with so much angry JOSH again was rude, horribly defensive and said I told "her" i was sorry and there is nothing we can do. JOSH has not said any apologizes, which at that point JOSH then said "well i'm saying it now" with disbelief in the professionalism, my brother-in-law asked for his manger, JOSH did not have that name or did not want to give us another person to talk to, we asked for the resort manager. He came to speak with us 15 minutes later, was a little more understanding but still did nothing about what had happened. We were told to hangout and see what they could do and see if we could point out the girl who my son saw handling our things, which we did. We were told they would watch the security cameras, by security, the resort manger said they don't have cameras. We were told yes they have cameras and no they don't by so many different staff, how is the security and the resort manger not on the same page as to if there are even working cameras in the building???? The girl was confronted admitted to moving and touching our belongings but said she did not take anything, she was the only person next to our belongings (not a soul in sight) it was pool closing time. I was making "small" talk with her with her not knowing we knew anything, i was making 100% that this was the girl my son said hi to and touched our belongings, asking her, I said "hey you, were you cleaning up in the Klondike last night sweeping?" She replied "yes" I didn't want her to think anything was funny, so I said "ohh ok my son and i were there and he was checking you out" she giggled and said " Really, I saw him to he's cute." Then asked if he was single! This was all so perfect, any normal person that can add 1+1 would know she did take the belongings! But management did nothing, they actually asked us to leave that water-park, because we asked a harassing question to her, by asking if she worked on the Klondike last night! Nothing was done !! The staff and the management at the wilderness are horrible, evil, and have no type of management or professionalism at all! Very disturbing, as to find out the same girl was reported that same night seeing taking 2 more guests things, another guest had heard our frustration, and said your family is not the only one things were taken from last night. Horrible look for this resort, horrible management, horrible staff. I will speak about this hotel and warn everyone to read the reviews BEFORE staying here. The place is privately owned, this is how they are getting away with, keeping their THIEVES, on as staff! DO NOT STAY HERE !! If you choose to PLEASE read the reviews and DO NOT TRUST THE STAFF NOR MANAGEMENT, you will get taken!! HORRIBLE PLACE

Room Tip: There are no good rooms !!
11  Thank Jamie D