Wow, what a great family vacation. Were were there for 4 days and three nights with our 4 kids ages 4-8. Best family vacation in a long time because there was something for everyone right out your back door. Splash pools and play areas for the tiny ones if you have them, 3 ft pools for our kids and a bit deeper for our 6 and 8 year old. Lots of sports activities in the pools. They had a climbing rope that we were at forever, basketball, lazy river, slides and other activities. Life guards were everywhere and we never had a problem finding a place to sit down and rest. We went to the last Frontier outdoor park at the wilderness twice. They have an awesome wave pool, slides and again, more play areas for the small kids.
Our room was a two bedroom and it was amazing. Clean, relatively quiet for a family resort. It was really very nice. The kitchen was great, so we ate breakfast and lunch there and dinner out. The pools open around 10 and we were usually there shortly after. We tired out around 6, showered and went out to eat. At night we watched movies, popped popcorn, ate ice cream and stayed up late. All the fun stuff I'd never let them do at home.
We WILL be back there again. Until our kids are all old enough to do the bigger rides at other water parks, which is a way off, we will be going back to Glacier Canyon! Loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have two indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf courses; outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin