All reviews bunk beds wildlife park room was clean attractions within walking distance hear loud bp gas station olympus water park mt olympus front desk staff olympus tickets check in was easy park tickets free tickets received free late at night off season mini fridge and microwave
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Very quiet after season energy in the area. I came to Wisconsin for a festival which takes place in Reedsburg and Sauk County. The price was reasonable and only about a 20 minute drive from Reedsburg where I am attending a festival. I got to the hotel a couple of hours before official check in time of 4pm and the let me into my room. The room is clean (could be vacuumed a tiny bit better and the shower curtain was wrinkled) but definitely good for the price. My room is on the ground floor with a view of the parking lot. The black out drapes work well. I hear loud foot steps above me occasionally but not a problem so far. Front desk staff is pleasant and helpful enough. Not super friendly though. There is a dry sauna which I will use and comment on soon.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
AdamM7208, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you for letting our family take care of your family Stefanie! We appreciate your kind feedback & we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your early check in, as well as our reasonably priced Resort. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife was going to an overnight bachelorette party so I was looking for a spot to take my sons for BOYS NIGHT OUT and I stumbled upon the American Resort. It was perfect. Exactly what we needed. The room was about 50 bucks which is a good deal for off season in the Dells. It came with free passes to the Timbavuti Wildlife Park which was a phenomenal deal as I think the passes would have cost us about $60. My boys loved the park. The room had cool bunk beds that the boys loved. The pool was nice. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They even humored my kids when they told their silly stories. It’s in a perfect spot so that it’s close to everything with tons of attractions within walking distance. I could see the parking being somewhat inadequate during peak season but it wasn’t a problem for our stay. I was extremely impressed with the value that American Resorts represents and I will absolutely return.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Thank you for letting our family take care of your family! We appreciate your kind feedback & love the pictures you shared with us :) It was great having you & your boys here with us this past weekend! Please visit us again in the near future :)

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in September and had a good experience. Cheap room booked online. Check in went smooth. Nothing special about this place. Clean room and seems well kept. Public area could use some updating. Pool is small right off lobby.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank open123456789
Adam M, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you for letting our family take care of your family! We are so glad you enjoyed our clean, well kept, family friendly, affordable Resort. Please stay with us again in the near future :)

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The room wasn't bad over priced. Tub was kind of dirty so couldn't take a hot bath. Phone didn't work so if need anything had to walk to another building to see someone. No overnight staff so had to wait till 7:00 a.m. to see someone.

Room tip: careful when walking not fully lit. No overnight staff and some of the phones no working. Charge you a resort fee 13.00 even for the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at American Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hi Janet- We are sorry to hear your stay was anything but wonderful! We tried our very best in accommodating you during your entire stay, however it was challenging. We have staff available 24/7, 365 days a year, & we even have extra staff on duty during peak season, as well as on busy weekends like this past weekend, in which the Wisconsin Dells Area hosts it's annual WoZhaWa Festival, that brings hundreds of thousands of guests to our area each year. Our staff assisted you immediately, as you were pounding on the front office bell before 7am in the morning, due to tripping in our parking lot. We are so sorry you tripped & scraped your knee. We got our First Aid Kit out to help you, but due to no bleeding & a clean scrape, we weren't sure what more you wanted us to do? We alerted our maintenance staff to double check all of our outdoor lightening & all lights were on & working just fine, even with the sky becoming light from the morning sun. We found no issue with your in room phone not working, and you are more than welcome to use your cell phone to call over if you are in need to something urgent during the night & our staff will do their very best to assist you. Again, we are sorry to hear your stay with us was anything but wonderful. We wish you the best of luck in your future stays. Thank you for giving us a chance :)

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try something different and fun so we stayed in a treehouse. We loved it! Super cute! I was worried about not having a bathroom but we were right near the new bathroom building and it turned out to be just fine. The treehouse itself was bigger than I expected and had all the necessary comforts. One thing we noticed was how quiet it was not being in the main hotel. Only thing that would be helpful would be a couple more outlets.
We are already considering another trip.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us in a Treehouse in our Campground Area! We appreciate your kind feedback more than you'll know & we look forward to having you return in the near future :)