“Overall a good place to stay”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada in December. We had a nice stay and would recommend it to others. The hotel has been recently remodeled and we were surprised at how nice it is for the price. Our room was new, clean and comfortable and the staff was helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast – a nice variety and more than just danishes. It saved us a lot of money.
We thought it was in a great location. Basically, it met our needs very well and exceeded our expectations. We would definitely stay again. We also got 20% off our meal at Chicago Uno Grill across the street. It's a perk for staying at the Ramada so don't forget to ask for that.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ScalzoHospitality, Owner at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2009

Dear PDM776,
I just love hearing that my staff was able to meet and exceed your expectations! I'm especially grateful that you took the time to share your positive experience at our Hotel with Trip Advisor and all that use it.

We are currently working on a discount coupon with Famous Daves, who have opened just across the street. So this should complement our Chicago Uno Grill coupons if you plan on staying more than one night.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your review at our hotel. We hope you come back SOON!

Reviewed December 31, 2008

The staff was very helpful and pleasant. My 10 &8 year-old boys loved the pool and 3 computers w/internet. Great breakfast (free) and checkout is at noon. 4p.m. check-in a little though.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Dear Catsoco,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of Trip Advisor. Your opinions are extremely valuable to my company and staff . We rely on your feedback to ensure sure that we continue to outpace our competition by telling us what is important to you.

The three computers w/internet you refer to is in our "Vacation Planning" room and is free to use for all of our Guests. Its conception and installation was the result from direct Guest recommendations.

So I thank you for your kudos and we'll try and take a second look at that 4pm check-in. The next time you stay with us, ask for an early check-in...if we have the rooms ready for you, we'll let you check in as soon as possible.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2008

A really nice experience for the price. The property has obviously been updated recently. It is conveniently right off the freeway but still close to several of the waterparks. And there is free shuttle service to the casino. Yet it was QUIET! Some of the bigger resorts can be such madhouses, whereas we had the pool to ourselves in the afternoon. And the hot waffles with the free continental breakfast is a nice touch, the kids loved that.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable, we'd definately go back again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank macgrad91
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Excellent hotel for the business person. Room was clean, staff was friendly and professional, and even though I don't normally eat breakfast, I couldn't pass this one up. The breakfast area was exceptionally nice. Nice hotel!

Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Well for the price, I wasn't expecting much. The downstairs looks nice and remodeled. The breakfast area was nice and the food was good for a continental breakfast. Pool area was ok, not crowded at all (only person in there on a late Sunday afternoon). The people at the front desk were very friendly when we checked in, BUT this is where we had some issues... we got into the room and it stunk of mildew...we asked to change rooms and they said they were sold out for the night. We had to hang a car air freshener in the room to mask the smell, which was never addressed. The rooms are a bit dated, but the beds were comfortable, but likely we spotted no bed bugs. The bathrooms are small, but fairly clean minus the stench of mildew. The hallways stink of smoke, especially throughout the upstairs. Rooms seem to have paper thin walls as well. Not sure we would stay here again. May be worth the extra money to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Dear eagledemps,
I thank you for your honest opinion of our hotel and appreciate many of the kudos you extended us.

In response to your comments regarding our bathrooms, I agreed with your assessment about the bathrooms. We inspected the one you commented on and found some plumbing issues.

Your comments were helpful in deciding to renovate all 71 bathrooms last winter, January through March of 2009. We renovated fourteen rooms a week until we were finished. I had the old tubs replaced as well as granite countertops installed and added larger mirrors. We really modernized the bathrooms.

Additionally, as of the January 1st , 2009 the Ramada in Wisconsin Dells became entirely smoke free :)

So please give us another chance to win your business. I can guaranty freshly renovated bathrooms, smoke free rooms and hallways, and an even better hot waffle breakfast.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2008

Everything was fine, until we received a call this morning from 3 ladies that had stayed in the room the night before. They had called the management up to the room in the middle of the night because of bedbugs and been transferred to another room. The person on duty had gone up to the room and seen the situation before moving them.

We were assigned the exact same room the very next day (Room 210). After receiving the call, we pulled back the sheets all the way and sure enough... bugs (dead and alive) and our BLOOD on the sheets and pillowcases in AT LEAST 20 places. It was so disgusting. (I'll spare you the pictures.)

I'm writing this 10 itchy hours after checking out. No offer to refund our room, no apology, and no real concern shown... obviously this is something they are used to hearing.

I've since contacted the corporate customer service and opened a case, written this review, received NO phone call from the asst. general manager, and am contacting the Wisconsin Department of Health Services tomorrow morning to file a complaint.

I also plan to call the room every night to let people know.

I know this may not seem like a big deal, but they seem to ignore that if we ended up bringing this home, it could cost us serious money (that we don't have to spare right now) in extermination and bedding costs. It's a huge deal. For crying out loud, we had to strip down when we walked in the door, and have had the washer running on it's longest sanitary cycle for the last 2.5 hours. Our luggage is outside, and I can't get the image of those bugs out of my head. We even saw a large adult one -- SO nasty. I've had to search websites for what to do if you've been exposed, and it stinks. Seriously. All this because someone was too lazy and disgusting to not assign people to an INFESTED room.

I'm furious, and have nothing to say, but don't stay there. How one night has turned into such a freaking disgusting experience, I don't know.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hellokitty3423
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We stayed at the Ramada on our way back from Chicago to the Twin Cities. Orbitz had the property listed as 4 stars, and since I was in a hurry and the price seemed fair I booked the room without doing and further research.

While the hotel met my main criteria - it had a pool for my kids to swim in, there wasn't much else to be excited about. The rooms need a major facelift and were less than 100% clean. We were only staying for a night, so it was tolerable. Anything longer than that would have been more difficult.

When we checked in, I enquired about paying for an ugraded room instead of the two bed queen we had reserved. While a room was open, it hadn't been cleaned and the manager was unwilling to find someone to clean it. Granted I couldn't be overly upset since I hadn't reserved the room, but it didn't seem to be an unreasonable request when I observed several employees hanging around the business center surfing the web.

As for positives, there is a free continental breakfast and free web acess in the business center.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family