“Great time in Wis. Dells!”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Fond Du Lac
“Great time in Wis. Dells!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a great time while at the Ramada. The Jacuzzi in our room was an unexpected surprise! The room was excellent, and we've never slept better! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The pool and the breakfast area were excellent! We'll be back! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Patricia K
Paul D, Owner at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Patricia,
We were so excited to get your review! The staff bragged about it all day, and we posted it on our "wall of fame". Our Jacuzzi room automatic upgrade is something we always try to do if we have the room availability at the Ramada Wisconsin Dells.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review, it is very important to us. We're looking forward to your return visit!

Thank you!

Scalzo Hospitality, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

When my boyfriend called the front desk wanting to upgrade, prepared to pay the difference in price, we were given the upgrade for FREE! On top of that, we were able to check-in a few hours earlier than the check-in time! The room was beautiful and very clean. The staff was also very friendly and helpful! Great experience! Definitely coming back soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Elissa,
Thank you for taking the time to brag about our Ramada Wisconsin Dells. We LOVE surprising Guests with the automatic jacuzzi upgrade. We really try to exceed expectations if we have the room availability. We also LOVE to provide early check-ins :) I hope you liked the new furniture!
We're really looking forward to your return trip to the Wisconsin Dells!!

Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in 3 rooms over two nights at this hotel. The first night they were able to get us adjoining rooms and we really liked these rooms. Everything was fairly clean and spacious. The t.v. remotes were not the best-we had a really hard time getting them to work. The pillows were awful, hard and huge. Not a great nights sleep on them. Breakfast was typical continental fare. The waffle mix ran out and they don't have spray for the waffle pans so some of them stuck. The room was almost a bit too small for the amount of people in there. I love that the fitness center was 24/7. It really irks me when fitness centers have hours like 8am-10pm. Most people I know want to work out either really early in the morning or really late at night so I was happy with their hours. They had free weights and some cardio equipment-the only problem was that the room was so small there was hardly any place to work out with the weights and do stretches. Oh, another absolutely awful problem-the breakfast room was 76 degrees (HOT!!) and the fitness center didn't have a temperature anywhere and it wasn't allowed to be changed (or couldn't be) and there were no fans. I'm guessing the temperature was around 76-78 degrees as I was sweating before I even ran a quarter of a mile and I don't usually start a sweat until 1 mile in 68 degree temperatures. So...the temperatures in the common areas of the hotel were REALLY LAME!!!! When we checked out we had a suite for the next night and I asked if the room was ready so we could just move our stuff in there-we were told we could wait a little bit longer, as check out wasn't until noon, then ask again because our room was next to be cleaned. We checked back an hour later and just decided to check out since our room wasn't ready yet. No big deal since check in isn't until 4pm. We had a fun day in the Dells and returned about 6pm. There were people waiting in the lobby for their rooms and our room still isn't ready. Apparently, most of the housekeeping staff called in sick. My thought is, "So what? There were two front desk ladies standing around all morning doing nothing-they should have been cleaning! I remember having to clean rooms when something like this happened and I worked at the front desk-you keep your guests happy and keep your check in time policy no matter what." I didn't say it aloud but we had to wait almost 40 minutes for our room to be clean and there were still people waiting for their rooms. I asked if we were going to get some kind of discount or compensation and was told by the front desk lady "I will talk with the manager and see what we can do for you" Evidently it didn't matter because we were charged the full price. A roll away was requested in our reservation, I asked at the front desk when we checked in and had to call 2 times to the front desk and after waiting FOREVER I had to find housekeeping in the hall and ask for one. She brought one right away but then we had one waiting outside our room several hours later. Some problems at this hotel and so we probably won't stay here again unless I use my Wyndham Rewards for a free night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul D, Owner at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Ms. Noel,

First, please accept my sincerest apologies that we were not able to deliver the highest level of customer service. I have showcased your review at our staff meeting, as an aid in improving some of our procedures that you identified. Your review has been incredibly helpful, and I want to thank you for taking the time to write it. I hope you give us the ability to earn your business back.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Enjoyed my stay overnight at this convenient, comfortable hotel. Small bathroom was the only downside and not really an issue for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Judy B.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for Trip Advisor on the Ramada Wisconsin Dells. I can tell you enjoyed the location, and we do have larger rooms available on request. I hope you come back again when you can stay longer, and can enjoy our HOT waffle breakfast and FREE WIFI :)

Thanks again,

Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was traveling from WV to MN, and got caught in a real snowstorm at midnight near the Wisconsin Dells. It was Christmas eve, and everyone and everything at this hotel was truly wonderful. The price was quite reasonable, the room was absolutely clean, the breakfast had good food with a nice selection of hot and cold items, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo