“Good Room For The Price During Dells High Season”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee Area, WI
“Good Room For The Price During Dells High Season”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when I'm in the Dells, but they were way out of my price range for this trip. Since Ramada was offering a 20% discount for booking 3 nights or more and paying in advance, I figured I would give them a try.

I booked a King room, and I was pleased with that. I had the view of a huge air duct outside of my window, but I'm not in the Dells to look out a hotel room window. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. The bathroom was extra spacious, since I think this may have been a handicapped accessible room at one time. The cable television offered was the best in the Dells... there had to be 50+ channels to choose from.

Since I was in the Dells for an extra day, I decided to stay one more night. Unfortunately, my room was booked the next night and I had to move to a double queen room. The room was spacious, but the bathroom was very small with the sink outside of the bathroom. I guess that's okay if you have multiple people fighting over the shower and the sink.

The property is older, but seems well maintained for its age. There is a small pool, but don't expect a "waterpark." There's a complimentary continental breakfast every morning including fresh waffles you make yourself.

Every staff member I encountered was very friendly and accomodating. To get a decent room under $100 a night during the Dells busy season was very good. I would stay here again, since if I want a waterpark, I'll go to Noah's Ark.

• Liked — Great price, good location, quiet, excellent staff
  • Disliked — Rooms could have been a little cleaner
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Racine, WI
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We stayed at the Ramada for one night, on August 6, 2008. We were looking for a nice place, without the extra cost of the glitz and glamour of the waterpark hotels. Overall, the hotel was ok, with a few exceptions:

The Good:
Breakfast in the morning was good. They had two waffle makers, bagels, yogurt, juice, etc. The breakfast area was decent sized and very clean.
The room was clean. The A/C worked well.
There was free internet and 3 computers set up near the front desk for guests to hop on free of charge.

The Bad:
Our TV remote did not work. It was not programmed properly to work with our tv. We called the front desk and asked them to look into it around 3:30 PM. We then went swimming, came back, and around 6:00 called again. They apologized and said they would send someone ASAP. We went to dinner and came back only to find that the remote still did not work. We asked once again for them to come look at it while we went downtown. We came back around 10:00 to a remote that STILL did not work. Finally, I went to the front desk to see what the problem was and they simply said "We tried, but couldn't get it to work. We're really sorry." To me, that is not an acceptable response to the situation. Yes, the remote is a small convenience, but it sure is annoying when it doesn't work. Bring in a different tv. Get a different remote. Give us a discount, or something! Nope, simply a "I'm sorry".

Other than that, the bathroom smelled funny, like some kind of strange cleaning chemicals, and was quite small. Beds were stiff, but sleepable.

Basically, I would have been fine with the hotel except for the lack of problem-solving skills shown related to the tv remote.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Appleton, WI
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We visited this hotel with two small children, as we wanted a place for them to swim, but they were too young for the larger waterpark hotels. The rooms were dirty and our pants, socks, and feet were black from just a short time of walking around the room and/or sitting on the floor with the kids. The room also had a terrible odor of smoke and/or urine. The WORST part was waking up covered in small bug bites, with about 40+ on each leg. I informed staff (who thanked me), but offered nothing for compensation. Watch out for the bed bugs! Next time we'll stay at the water park!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty, bed bugs
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank JLCBRC
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My Son & I stayed at the Ramada Inn in the Wisconsin Dells April 5 - 6.
We had a very nice stay.
They have remodeled the motel.
The ft. desk clerks were wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Our room was not ready yet as we arrived early so after doing a pre check-in we stayed in the lobby. They chatted with us and made us feel right at home. The gal at the ft. desk called housekeeping and told them she had guests who arrived early and asked if they could do our room next so we could get settled in. Within 10 minutes housekeeping called and our room was ready!
They were able to offer suggestions for places to eat dinner.
The room was clean, and all brand new bedspreads, sheets, and towels.
The breakast in the morning was very nice. They had 2 of the belgium waffle makers so the lines were not as long as most places that offer this. Plus they also had freshly made scrambled eggs! Only wish they would have had offered butter along with the margarine. 4 types of juices! Apple, Orange, Cranberry and Peach! And none were watery!
They kept the food area nice and clean! Was very impressed.
Each time we left and came back to the motel we were greeted by name! How they can remember all the guests names was beyond me but they did. And they asked if there was anything we needed or if they could help us with anything.
We were quite impressed! We will definately be coming back to stay here again.

• Liked — cleanlyness, friendly staff, easy on off to the highway,
  • Disliked — wish they would include butter for the breakfast, after all this is in the dairy state! LOL
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 9, 2008

This hotel has just been remodeled. The bed are so comfortable, that I didn't want to get out of it. The towels are so plush, nothing like any other hotel I have stayed at. Very clean all around. Breakfast had plenty of varieties. Pool area very nice.
Only complaint I had was the room we had the bathroom was small.

• Liked — The most comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed here one night and were very satisfied for the most part. The room itself was comfortable and clean, with a refrigerator and microwave, though we didn't use them. Internet hookup was great. The bathroom, however, needed some maintenance. It looked not to have been updated for awhile as some floor tiles were cracked, the toilet seat was loose, etc. Not saying the bathroom was dirty, it wasn't--just needed updating. The rest of the motel looked as if it had had recent updates, so perhaps they just haven't gotten to the bathrooms yet. Would have liked more TV channels--selection is somewhat limited.

The continental breakfast was very good and complete.

Front desk clerk was very professional when we checked in--we had a free room using Trip Rewards points, and this was handled very efficiently and cordially.

We would stay here again. Good location also.

Stayed February 2008