“Good enough”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Good enough”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel during our cross country move. We arrived around 4 am. The night staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating.
The hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. It's very old & out dated. But it's SPOTLESS! Our room was very very clean. I was expecting a musty smell that you would normally get with an older hotel but there was no smell at all. I was pleasantly surprised.
The bathroom is tiny but again spotless. Water temp & pressure were very good.
The beds were average comfort. The sheets were soft. We slept well.
The breakfast was pretty average. Nothing to be excited about.
The morning staff was not nearly as friendly as the night staff. They all seemed annoyed to be working. They weren't even friendly to each other. One woman was huffing & puffing while making sarcastic comments to herself because the coffee was empty and she had to do it herself. Just unprofessional. A couple employees were practically pushing guests out of the way to get themselves cups of coffee.

We would stay there again if we passed through.

• Stayed June 2013
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am please to know my late night staff are so accommodating after your late arrival.
We do have rooms with larger bathrooms but they may not have been available at time of reservation or arrival. When you visit with us again, please request a room to the East of the elevator. This hotel was built in 2 phases many many years ago. The original rooms which is most likely where you stayed in, were built some 30 years ago when not much thought was put into bathrooms, and the rooms only had one queen or double bed so the room was larger. As times changed in the Dells the request for 2 queen beds and larger bathrooms came about. This is when the second addition was built along with the elevator. ( a little history)
We have done multiple upgrades in recent years. in 2008 all new beds, carpeting, drapes, and lobby and hallway changes occurred. In 2009 the 2nd floor west wing was redone to match the first floor and lobby. In 2010 we did all new bathroom tile, paint, and new bedding with triple sheeting. ( no more bed spreads) In 2011 we began to change the 2nd hallway and more rooms. In 2012 we replace all tvs with flat screen high definition tvs and changed our bedding again. in 2013 - this FALL, we are replacing ALL of the room furniture! Exciting! We had hoped it would have been done earlier this spring however we have had some delays in production.
We hope that you will visit with us again when all of these wonderful changes have been done. Believe me when I say that we are constantly improving our hotel. Small as we are, big service is important.
It is with direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to make improvements to our property and services offered. Thank you again for sharing with me!

Genevieve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2013

hi -

We recently stayed in this hotel for couple nights... while our friends stayed in Best Western..
-This one has very small room and bathrooms.. Will never ever stay again here.. I think we paid way too high for the size of the room. location was bad also..
-Also had trouble getting to the location using our GPS that has up-to-date Maps.
- The room service did NOT clean the room / Beds..

Room Tip: Instead book Best Western Hotel on the Frontage Rd.. Spacious/Larger Rooms with great location!! Plu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that your stay with us was less than perfect. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and our modest pricing compared to other properties in our area. Several of our double queen rooms do have a slightly smaller bathroom. When this hotel was built many years ago there was not much time or thought spent on the size of the bathrooms I believe. Some day I hope to change that design flaw. Our rooms are comparable in size to many hotels in the Dells area and we do offer larger rooms at this hotel.
I have been working hard with Navteq, Google Maps, Bing maps etc to correct our navigation issues. This is something that is controlled by the USPS as well. Our hotel is located at a border line for 3 postal zones. The Kalahari Resort , just down the road, has the same issues. I apologize for that. If you use the postal zone address that we had posted on our website your GPS will bring you directly to us. I empathize with your frustration and please know that it is not our intent to confuse guests, especially when there is also road work near by. Thank you for being patient and locating us.
We do not offer Chula passes as the other hotel your friends were at did. We felt that our hotel was not conveniently located to that waterpark. For best guest satisfaction we do offer Kalahari packages and in the summer we offer Noah's Ark packages.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and concerns with us. It is with direct feedback such as yours that I can continue to make changes to our property and services offered.

Spencer
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were very happy with the service, room, and breakfast at the Ramada Inn.
They did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. We were to a
wedding, and came home late. We have stayed at several Ramada Inn's in
the last years, and were pleased with all of them. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is with direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our property and services offered. I am glad that your stay with us during the wedding celebration weekend was successful. Because of our central location between 3 larger resorts we often play hosts to the wedding parties. It's fun to see families and friends get together to share such a wonderful event.
We hope that you will choose our hotel again when you return to the Dells for a visit.
Please always remember to call us direct for your best available rates and any return guests discounts or specials we may be offering.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The beds were so comfortable and very relaxing. My girls enjoyed the company of the overnight clerk Pam. Thank you so much!!!! Keep up the great job.
The bathroom was tiny but very clean. I would definitely come back soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! Pam loves the company and has grandchildren of her own so I am sure that was just as nice for her too. I am glad that we were able to be your home away from home while you were visiting the Dells area. The next time you stay, please contact us direct and ask for our larger double queen room. They are located to the East of the elevator and offer 2 queen beds and a larger bathroom. All of the rooms to the West of the elevator on both floors do have a smaller bathroom. We will have your previous stay information in our system now so it will be easier to make sure you get a larger room!

Thank you again for your review - we look forward to having you as our guests again!

Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We only stayed here one Saturday night in May. The man who checked us in was friendly and even though it was 2:30pm he allowed us to check in early. (Check in is normally at 4pm). Upon arrival he told us that our room had been "upgraded" to a whirlpool room. This room turned out to be right next to the vending and ice machines (#122) and was very loud all night long. We did not use the whirlpool. The room itself was missing a shower curtain in the bathroom. How is that even possible? Room was ok. It seemed like it had started to be updated but not finished. Updates included bedding, TV, bathroom counter and wet bar area. The furniture/dressers/nightstands had not been updated yet and were in very scuffed, poor condition.
The a/c unit was located directly below the window so that the curtain was blowing open all night and our room faced the parking lot. This was not ideal. Wifi worked well. The bed itself seemed hard and I usually prefer a hard mattress but this actually made my hip fall asleep during the night. We did not use the pool as it was full of children. We did not stay for breakfast. The price was good but I don't think we'd stay again.

Room Tip: Room #122 was terrible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that your experience with us was less than perfect. I am glad that my staff was able to get you into the upgraded room right away. I was not aware of the vending areas to be disturbing to any guest rooms so I thank you for sharing that with me. I will look into better soundproofing those public space areas. I am not sure why the shower curtain was missing either. We change our fabric curtains daily as we do the linens so that each guest has a dry, fresh and clean curtain. I will venture to guess that the housekeeping did not have one "on hand" and forgot to return to the room after cleaning to replace it. I am so sorry for that. I hope you called the desk and had them replace it immediately. Our rooms and hotel do have many upgrades and we are replacing ALL of the guest room furniture in June! We are excited about that, because yes, I agree with you, our current furniture is tired. I am confident that you will LOVE our new furniture and some special additional pieces to the whirlpool suites. The AC units are in a most unusual spot, I agree again. We have found a solution for the curtains blowing open! besides using a decorative pillow (or shoe like other guests) to hold the currents down we are stitching the liner to the fabric to give it more weight. We have been testing it in other rooms and are working our way through the hotel to fix all of the curtains the same.
I am sorry that you did not stay for our expanded hot waffle breakfast. We have added several new items to the breakfast that have fast become a guest favorite.
I do appreciate your comments and will share them with my staff as well. It is with direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our property and services offered.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host when traveling to the Wisconsin Dells Area.