“Not Impressed”

Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We only stayed here one Saturday night in May. The man who checked us in was friendly and even though it was 2:30pm he allowed us to check in early. (Check in is normally at 4pm). Upon arrival he told us that our room had been "upgraded" to a whirlpool room. This room turned out to be right next to the vending and ice machines (#122) and was very loud all night long. We did not use the whirlpool. The room itself was missing a shower curtain in the bathroom. How is that even possible? Room was ok. It seemed like it had started to be updated but not finished. Updates included bedding, TV, bathroom counter and wet bar area. The furniture/dressers/nightstands had not been updated yet and were in very scuffed, poor condition.
The a/c unit was located directly below the window so that the curtain was blowing open all night and our room faced the parking lot. This was not ideal. Wifi worked well. The bed itself seemed hard and I usually prefer a hard mattress but this actually made my hip fall asleep during the night. We did not use the pool as it was full of children. We did not stay for breakfast. The price was good but I don't think we'd stay again.

Room Tip: Room #122 was terrible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that your experience with us was less than perfect. I am glad that my staff was able to get you into the upgraded room right away. I was not aware of the vending areas to be disturbing to any guest rooms so I thank you for sharing that with me. I will look into better soundproofing those public space areas. I am not sure why the shower curtain was missing either. We change our fabric curtains daily as we do the linens so that each guest has a dry, fresh and clean curtain. I will venture to guess that the housekeeping did not have one "on hand" and forgot to return to the room after cleaning to replace it. I am so sorry for that. I hope you called the desk and had them replace it immediately. Our rooms and hotel do have many upgrades and we are replacing ALL of the guest room furniture in June! We are excited about that, because yes, I agree with you, our current furniture is tired. I am confident that you will LOVE our new furniture and some special additional pieces to the whirlpool suites. The AC units are in a most unusual spot, I agree again. We have found a solution for the curtains blowing open! besides using a decorative pillow (or shoe like other guests) to hold the currents down we are stitching the liner to the fabric to give it more weight. We have been testing it in other rooms and are working our way through the hotel to fix all of the curtains the same.
I am sorry that you did not stay for our expanded hot waffle breakfast. We have added several new items to the breakfast that have fast become a guest favorite.
I do appreciate your comments and will share them with my staff as well. It is with direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our property and services offered.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host when traveling to the Wisconsin Dells Area.

Sincerely

Genevieve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mt. Albert, Ontario
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

When Holiday Inn couldn't honour my reservation, the friendly staff at the Ramada were great.
They gave me a great "no reservation" price and quiet room away from the construction crews. It's an average hotel with great staff that made all the difference.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! As a good neighbor to the HIE, we always try to help when called upon. It was unfortunate they could not honor your reservation but we certainly were glad to have you. I am not sure if you traveled all the way to the Dells from Ontario during this one visit but I am sure you were glad to have a place to rest.
Yes, we are housing many of the crews working on our new highway changes but they are well behaved and generally very quiet too. They work such early and long hours they just don't have time for anything else.
We hope to have you back with us again on your next visit. Please call us direct to make your reservations and receive your return guest rate preference. We are happy to announce that we are replacing all of our room furniture with new and are excited to share this with our past guests.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Sincerely