“was a good clean room but the heat was not easy to control...”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Waite Park
“was a good clean room but the heat was not easy to control...”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

was a good clean room but the heat was not easy to control ran all the time and if shut it off got cold right away

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your comments with me. It is with direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to make changes and improvements to our property and services offered. It sounds like the heating unit was not regulating properly. As another guest experienced the air may have been moving behind the curtains causing that area by the unit to turn on and off as the sensor told it to perform. We are working on correctly that issue with weighting our curtains and hemming them differently.
If you could email me directly at genevieve@dellsramada.com and let me know what room number you were in, I will have my maintenance engineer take a look at the room as precaution. We have relatively new heating and cooling units in all of the rooms, but it is possible they malfunction. I want to ensure that on your return stay or that another guest does not have this same experience.
It seems that the ground hog was not predicting well and we may need that heat for a few weeks longer! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate your positive comments as well. We hope to have you as our guest again.

Genevieve, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Ramada Inn Wisconsin Dells during one of the busiest weekends of the year. The price for the room was competitive with other hotels nearby. The location of the inn is very good. It is right off the interstate and very close to major resorts and theme parks. A great alternative to the extremely pricier resorts. Across the street is an outlet mall and food eateries, also entertainment venues.
The inn was very clean, especially the carpets and bathrooms. Many hotels I don't want to even take off my shoes, not the case here. The bathrooms were clean and modern (no mold or cracks). The shower head in my room was phenomenal with great water pressure and temperature. The rooms were nice, I liked the variety of room sizes and options. The layout of the hotel is simple and the multiple exits are convenient. The free breakfast was average but the items were hot and fresh, no complaints and the spread fulfilled my needs.
I recommend this hotel for whatever your needs are.

Room Tip: The only recommendation is to get a room on the second floor because anyone walking above sound like...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience through this review. I am glad that you found our hotel to be just what you needed. Most of our busy weekends are due to the high volume of sports and other competitions that take place in the Dells area. I appreciate you noticing all of the areas that we maintain regularly for our guests. I will share your comments with my entire staff as it is certainly a team effort. We are proud to announce that later this spring/early summer; we are putting gin all new guest room furniture! We hope that you will come back for a visit once that is in place as I am sure you will enjoy the changes. Each year we make an effort to make something “newer” and this next makeover will certainly showcase that.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! Happy spring and we hope to see you again.

Genevieve, General Manager
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean, with a fresh coat of paint, new carpet and linens. However the bathroom was tiny and there was hardly any room around the sink. The lighting was just fair. The biggest issue was the paper thin walls. We could hear every word in the room next to us and footsteps above. We moved to the Hilton Garden Inn the following night. Much, much nicer for the same price (without the breakfast)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JulieAp
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Julie A,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with us. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and well maintained. Our team takes pride in providing a safe and comfortable stay for every guest. I know that half of our rooms have smaller bathrooms and limited counter space for all the items we tend to travel with these days. We are looking at finding some options to provide more storage with portable or under counter storage. The lighting is compact florescent lighting in our efforts to continue to go “green”. However, I believe we need to increase the wattage comparisons. Thank you for sharing that concern. From what I can decipher it appears you were in one of the rooms from an adjoining set. The space between the connecting doors does tend to allow more voice to be heard than most other rooms. You should not have heard footsteps from above. I will have my maintenance engineer take a listen in that room as it is possible we need to adjust some ceiling/floor above supports. Our hotel is about 30 years old or so and we make every effort to improve the quality of our guests stays as best we can. We will continue to investigate ways to make this older building more “sound proof” for the future. We hope that you will try us again in the future. We are excited to announce that we are getting all NEW room furniture later this spring and know that it will only add to the comfort of your stay.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Sincerely
Genevieve
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I read good reviews about this hotel from previous posts, however, was a little disappointed in my experience. The bathroom was very small. The walls were extremely thin as I could hear the guests above me, around me, and in the hall. The beds were clean and comfortable. Pillows were very nice. The heater in my room turned on and off frequently and was quite loud. The lighting in the room was so poor and the bulbs cast an uninviting cold green creepy light. The staff was very friendly. Parking was very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is with this direct feedback that we can continue to improve our property and services offered.
The small bathroom you describe is only found in our double queen rooms, average size. We have 39 of this room type at our hotel so it does comsume the majority of our inventory. The "west wing" as we call it, was built some 30 years ago during a time when bathroom size was not important. In fact as history goes in the Dells, many motels had shared bathrooms located in a common area. Once Hotels were starting to be built in this fast growing tourism town they were made to be just the basic. Often they consisted of just a shower stall, stool, and sink. This hotel was one of the first to redesign that idea and include a tub/shower and place the sink outside of the bathroom area so guests sharing sleeping space could manage their morning routines better. In 1995 this hotel added on the "east wing" and an elevator. All of the double queen rooms (large) to the east of the elevator have larger bathrooms and about 10 more square feet in the room itself. This is reflected in the rate difference as well. We are working on correcting the sound barrier issues, again, being that that section is the oldest of the hotel, correction this design and building flaw will take a major undertaking, but we are investigating it.
It probably didn't help that your stay may have been during a busy sporting event. I do apologize for any inconveniences.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host, by calling us direct we can better place you in a larger room with adequate space for your needs.
I am excited to tell you that we are getting all NEW room furniture later this spring/early June and improving our compact florescent lighting. We are going green, but your lighting should be bright and clear.
Thank you again for your comments! We do hope to see you again.

Sincerely