“Great”

Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was right off highway, easy to find. Great. Location with lots of places to eat. Rooms were comfortable, fridge is nice to have in room. Pool was very nice and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my second stay here this year. If you need a good hotel for the right price, it works. It's right off the highway near many handy locations. Friendly staff, decent breakfast and clean.
The work out room has 2 treadmills and a few free weights. The room is a little outdated, but for an overnight business trip, it is fine. There is a pool, no water slides or Dell's wildness.
It's off season, so the hotel was not full.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best. There is a quiet location.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Conveniently located right off of the expressway, clean, friendly staff, no smell noticed, refrigerator and microwave in the room, plenty of towels, we were very happy! We also found the included breakfast great....waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereals and more!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Don't stay here if you get room 116 it was the worst nights of sleep we had.The floor squeks everytime someone would walk on it up stairs told them the next morning and was told no one would be abaove us the next night so did not move to new room our mistake as the room next to the one above us also squeked.
they know and are doing nothing to fix even tho it is a cheap and easy fix just go to Home depot or Menards and get the floor kit.
The people and loacation are great but need agood night sleep also.
Will not stay here again

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor only as we were to;d all lower level have this oroblem
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Genevieve R, General Manager at Ramada Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Doug, I am sorry you had a poor experience at our hotel. I was not aware of any noise concerns from room 116 because of the room above. I thiank you for sharing your experience with me. Too often a guest will stay and think "that's just the way it is" when in fact we do want to make the repairs. As I am sure you know we don't stay in our own hotel overnight so we rely on guests to inform us of any issues. It is with this direct feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our property and services. This building is nearly 30 years old and there will always be some original building matters to repair. There wer 2 other room that we had a similar experience with and we were able to repair them in a timely manner. Because of the way the hotel is structured and the way they make teh "space" between floors the process to repair actually takes about 3 days. Thanks to your helpful review we now have that room scheduled for ceiling/floor space repair! I truly appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Genevieve

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very poor experience - would not stay here again. Did not feel safe. Hair dryer did not work. HBO guide was out of date. Room had a smokey odor despite being a non-smoking room. Room was run down. At check in the front desk person kept referring to me as 'young lady' and I am over 45 (and at least 15 years his senior). No reassurance when I called the front desk after been waken by pounding at my door after 10:00 p.m. When I went to the door they stated Pizza. I called the front desk and they did not do anything to put me at ease - such as stating yes, they see the pizza delivery car parked in front of the lobby or that they saw the pizza delivery person walk through the lobby.... I as afraid the rest of the night. Also appears that the clerk who checked me in instead of applying the stay to may current points opened a new account for me. Overall very disappointed. Oh the fitness room, not worth going to... only two pieces of equipment.

Rebecca,
I am sorry that your stay with us was less than perfect. We have been a host to many SHRM conference attendees over the years and look foward to their return. Robert, who you referred to is actually just a few years younger than your age you stated. He often refers to many guests as young lady or young man. This is a common phrase he uses even with staff. Very friendly adn in a pleasant tone. He is a father of 7 children and I think it's just a habit. I will certainly instruct him not to greet our guests in such a casual, comfortable manner.
From time to time the hair dryers malfunction between stays. They are tested during cleaning of the rooms but even after that something can happen. I do apologize. I hope you mentioned it to the desk as we have others available for replacement.
I am sorry if a pizza delivery man awoke you. We were actually sold out during the SHRM conference and several guests ordered late snacks. We do require that all deliveries come through the front door, but their vehicles are ofteen not visible to us, depending on where they pull up. I am sure they were greeted at the desk, as usual. Most of our delivery dirvers are familiar with our staff and us with them. This is a small town after all. What we can't control is the wrong room number on the order or human error by the delivery person. I will apologize for them as I am sure they were embarassed.
I can assure you we are a very safe hotel. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and all other doors are secured automatically and accessible with an active room key only. I live less than 5 minutes from the hotel and we are very connected with our local police and fire departments.
I think if you speak with other conference attendees who have stayed with us time and time again, you will feel more comfortable about us.
Again, I am sorry your stay was not up to your expectations and I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Sincerely