“Had a Blast...Definitely Worthwhile!”

Tommy Bartlett Exploratory
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can journey through the original Russian MIR space station, as well as other exhibits.
Chicago, IL.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Had a Blast...Definitely Worthwhile!”
Reviewed November 26, 2006

This place was a total blast for my family and me. My son, who is three and a half, loved it as much as my wife and I did. They have a lot of challenging, science-oriented, brain teaser exhibits, as well as some that are quite entertaining, and a simulator ride, which put a big smile on my son's face. We planned to spend an hour and a half there at most and barely got out of there two and a half hours later. The stop was definitely worthwhile and a big highlight of our Dells trip. We paid $23 admission for my wife and I. Plan a stop there if you're with your family.

1 Thank chicagosean

Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Kids will enjoy”
Reviewed July 28, 2006

We just returned from the Dells, and we did go to the Exploratory. we spent 3 hours there. its great for the kids, lots of experiments and puzzles..like a science museum. I went there a few times when I was a teenager and it hasn't changed. I wish they'd add a few new things...it does need updating. I would only go to this if I had children with me, I would never go as a couple to this. My daughter told me to give it an excellent rating she says its great and she loved it. Shes almost 9 years old, the 10 year old loved it too. Lots of experiments...do it on a rainy day. Buy a "wisconsin Dells coupon book" for $20.00. there are tons of coupons in there you will definitely get your moneys worth with this book. Go to internet and either look up where you can purchase a book, or order one online. I do not believe they sell those books in Wisconsin dells. There is a coupon in the book for free admittance for the kids to Exploratory and a coupon for the Tommy Bartlett water show, free for kids with the purchase of an adult tickets. We spent $20 for the book and saved $70 on tickets.

5 Thank Angelclouds
LaCrosse
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“We liked it - Campy but Cute for young ones!”
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I went here when I was young & thought it was very "star wars" cool. I recently took my kids and while my timid children were a little afraid, it was fun. You get a "tour" from a robot named Ta-2 (like tatoo from fantasy island but built just like R2D2). You get a cool elevator "space ride" then play in an exploration area, then a little more tour following blinking lights, and another play area, then walk to another play area, and lastly see a ?real Mir space station. My kids were mostly interested in playing rather than the robots & my 3 year old was afraid of the very 70's robots. Bring a camera because you can take pictures of your kids playing and if you are tall enough, ride a bicyle on a high wire (you are completely strapped in). I will definately go again with my young kids!

3 Thank travlin-with-tots
Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Great for KIDOS”
Reviewed July 5, 2005

My kids loved this place. Its great to do in the afternoon just before the Tommy Bartlet Water show. You get a discount if you buy both tickets.

denver, ia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed January 22, 2005

My son loves anything to do with robots and space so we took him to the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory. The building and some of the exhibits are very outdated. Some of the robots look like the same ones that were there when I visited when I was seven years old.
I would not waste the money to go here by myself or with just me and my husband but it was worth the admission price to see the smile on my son's face.
He didn't know it was outdated. He loved the robots. They reminded him of CP30 from Star Wars (which just made the place even more cool to him). He loved the space station and is still talking about "robot world" and it has been almost 2 months since we've visited.
This is a great place to take children. It's educational and they love it.