“The Perfect Little Getaway”
Review of Vertical Illusions

Vertical Illusions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Vertical Illusions offers one of a kind Zip Lining, Kayaking and Rock Climbing Tours that are sure to be the highlight of your vacation! While exploring and playing in the Wisconsin River and among the rocky crags you will be viewing endangered plants, rare habitats and wildlife! Whether you’re looking for a crazy adventure or a nice relaxing float down the river, our professional Guides will customize a perfect worry-free trip for any group! Try our newest 15 Zip Line Eco Canopy Tour: Zip Line off cliffs, over canyons and through the Canopy of Chimney Rock Park!
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Zip lining and rock climbing with Vertical Illusions was AWESOME!!!! Rock climbing was something I had never done before and now I can't imagine not ever doing it again. I espcially enjoyed the thrilling, rewarding challenge of slowly but surely making my way up the side of the rocks, and then getting to the top and looking down and thinking 'wow! you did it!!!' And then to soak in all the beauty and serenity surroundig me at Devil's Lake was breathtaking! What an escape from the mad rush of this world!
Dan, our guide, is a skilled rock climber who showed patience and encouragement with my friend and I as 1st time rock climbers and made our experience very enjoyable. I would recommend Vertical Illusions to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Vertical Illusions

Reviewed June 27, 2010

My son and I went on an evening zip-lining adventure with Dan and Easton. We had a blast! Dan and Easton are both very knowledgeable and friendly. It is very apparent that both of them have a love of the outdoors and they respect the natural environment. I loved that we zip-lined from tree to tree rather than stand to stand. There were beautiful scenes all around. The small goup setting and the knowledge of the area and its history sets this adventure apart from the commercialization of the Dells. This was the highlight of our week-long visit! Thanks Dan and Easton!!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We just got back from a trip to the Dells and I was looking for something to do other than waterparks. I had read about Vertical Illusions on this site and decided to go Ziplining with them. It was a wonderful experience!! Easton and Emily knew exactly what they were doing and made it an enjoyable experience for the whole family. My 7yo son loved it! My 5yo daughter got a little nervous so Emily let her ride with her. The next day she said she wanted to do it again.

That trip was so much fun we ended up deciding to take the 4 hour (which ended up being 5 hours) kayaking trip. We did the upper part with Johanna and we all had lots of fun. Johanna was great with the kids and found areas for us to stop and get out and play. She even got my kids to jump off a rock and stayed in the water to catch them since they were a little nervous. We had planned to just rent kayaks and do a trip by ourselves but it was so much better doing the guided tour. We would not have seen half the stuff by ourselves that we saw with Vertical Illusions. Both kids wanted to kayak again the next day!

I can't say enough good things about the staff at VI. They were so wonderful with my kids and very knowledgeable about the area.

One thing that I thought was a great benefit - they take the pictures for you and give you a CD so you don't have to worry about bringing your camera!

Reviewed June 14, 2010

We went on a 4 hour (which turn out to be a 5 hour) kayaking trip. Our guide Johanna was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about kayaking and environment of the area, citing many interesting facts about the rock formations and types of the area. I would recommend this experience to anyone with the least bit of interest in kayaking from beginning to expert. Very fun trip and thank you all at Vertical Illusions.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I took my wife to Vertical Illusions for her Birthday (June 12th). I wanted something that was fun, relaxing, outdoors, yet not overly demanding and still safe. We arrived early for our kayaking trip and we were looking for food in the Dells. We stopped by VI and they gave us a great recommendation on lunch. We headed out for our trip and launched at 2PM and landed at the pickup point at 6PM. Emily was our guide and she was great. We had a great time paddling along at a controlled pace, we stopped on a beach along the way to stretch, we found some alternate routes to explore along the way and Emily assisted and instructed us through any difficult navigation. Really, couldn't ask for a better experience. This trip is so well done and organized by VI you don't really need to do anything but "show up".