“nice place but service was not what we exspected”
Review of White Rose Inns

White Rose Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2009

we stayed in the sherman house in the new port room the bed was uncomfortble when we checked in they give you a map and tell you where to go unlike when we stayedat moccormick house in hayward wis they give you a tour and is 6 times more one on one pambering so i thought all bed and breakfast was that way let me tell you there not this was like staying in a motel they dont bring you anything you have to walk 3 houses away for breakfast we thought they bring coffe over but no instant coffee down stairs and small pot wouldnt work so we would not stay here again maybe we exspect to much but isnt bed and breakfast suppose to be pampering

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharky1964

Reviewed January 13, 2009

We stayed one night at the White Rose Inn in the Blue Room. I wish we would have booked it for 2 nights. Everything about our stay was fabulous, from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The decor is very tasteful. The breakfast area is located in the basement which is decorated to make you feel like your sitting outside in a European cafe. Would highly recommend to anyone wishing to just get away.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnroses
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Great location - just far away from the noise and activity of the Dells strip but close enough to walk to it. Quiet location. Beautiful views of WI River and bluffs. Very clean, very nice atmosphere. Frank Lloyd Wright architectural connection should be exploited more. Decorated very well.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank e_eich
Reviewed August 17, 2008

This was my first B&B experience; I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable of the area. I felt spoiled and pampered as my every request was satisfied; beginning with the delicious breakfast at 8:00 each day. My wife mentioned to a person at the B&B that I wake up early and I like a cup of coffee. Since I get up before breakfast was served the staff made a pot of coffee for me at 6:00 am. It is little touches like that which will bring me back. The other convenience is that once checked in you don't really need your car, everything we cared to see and do was in walking distance; either to the attraction or a shuttle to the attraction. I am retiring in two years, and this is where I plan to celebrate my retirement.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Readytoretirenow
Reviewed August 16, 2008

If you are looking for a REAL B & B, this is not it! Your breakfast is severed away from your room, and you walk to it and eat outside. You order off a menu, ONLY ONE ENTREE! This is just like a Hotel. The rooms and house smells like mold. It is not clean. The carpet in halls are so dirty. The King bed we got, was as old as my Grandma's. They tried to put a pillow top on it, instead of a new mattress. It was not good! This is the worst B&B we have stayed at. We had NO wash cloths! We would NEVER stay here again. Did I mention the bugs in our bed!!!

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank Heaven3600
Reviewed August 16, 2008

We stayed in the motel property of the White Rose Inn. We were very happy during our stay and recommend the motel rooms as being very clean with nice amentities such as a large refrigerator and a microwave and excellent air conditioning. The free wi-fi access was great also.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Marie715
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the White Rose Inn for one evening. The location was excellent, with walking distance to downtown and the Wisconsin River and a close drive to waterparks. We weren't expecting something this good in a town known for its kitchiness - we were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Dell View Room in the Sherman House. A great room with an in room jaccuzi (which we used to relax after a long day at the park). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with great view of the river. We were pleased. In the morning, we had a delicious breakfast on the patio. All in all, a really excellent B&B.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple