Great Wolf Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
GardenInn.com
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$95
$86
BestWestern.com
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$84
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$64
$62
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Agoda.com
$229
TripAdvisor
3,883 results
All reviewsmagic questwater parkclock tower showdance partyhowling tornadowave poolall ageslife guardsoutlet mallolder kidsa lot of funfamily vacationwhole familyyear oldsfamily suiteroom keykids love
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I went to this resort 10-12 years ago when it was called the Black Wolf Lodge. At the time I was not impressed but it has grown a lot since then. We usually stay at the Kalahari but a friend recommended this resort so we gave it another try. We were not disappointed. They have more activities for small children (pre School) then the Kalahari does. They have added more slides and pools outside (closed during this time of the year) in addition to the new stuff inside. The indoor wave pool was very impressive. The food was average at best. They also have an indoor playground attached to the hotel. It's about 4 floors of slides, climbing nets, and foam ball cannons. It's open to the general public but it's free for guest of the hotel. The kids spent hours here. When I asked my 7 and 4 year old which resort they prefer they both agreed on the Great Wolf Lodge. As an adult I prefer the Kalahari as I feel the food, service, organization (check in & out)and maintenance is better. My wife prefers the Kalahari Spa as well. On the other hand the price and the room availability is better at Great Wolf. One last item on this resort, they have a show every evening in the lobby. The animatronics located in a huge lobby display come alive and begin to sing. Immediately afterwards a wolf character comes out for story time. My little one really looked forward to this every night.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank jsilva12
Reviewed March 8, 2007

When we arrive we were so happy to accept the free room upgrade "just because", but room not ready-- had to wait until 4:30p but they gave us a late checkout 1p. BUT they deactivated our room key at 11a so we had to have that reprogrammed.

The rooms and common areas are so nice and clean. The beds were wonderful for a hotel. Wiley's Woods is OK by kids are 8 and 10 and are a bit big for it. Arcade is neat. The water parks are outstanding and clean, locker rooms clean. We loved it here and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank sickofwinter07
Reviewed February 27, 2007

I am a mother of four children, age 5, 3,3, and 1. My husband and I booked this get away for the kids hoping to have an inexpensive weekend get away. Although the drive from Chicago was hectic...our spirits picked up as soon as we stepped on the property. They had a wonderful animated story telling going on in the front lobby, which got the childrens attention right away. We had room service in the first night and the food was expensive but good and very family friendly. The Waterpark was perfect for children my kids ages they had loads of fun...The room (we stayed in a condo) was nice we cooked breakfast and had lunch in our rooms. The arcade was nice and not too crowded...and for some reason my kids loved Wiley's Woods (I don't get it...but they did) All in all a good vacation and I would go there again!

Stayed: February 2007
8  Thank dgreatdr
Reviewed February 22, 2007

We just returned from a Wed / Thur night stay at the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells (Lake Delton) with our 12 year old son and friend. We like a February getaway as we're from the UP of MI and Winter gets long. We don't like crowds so we go mid-week, although we have gone through Saturday in the past. We chose the Great Wolf for a change of pace after staying at the Kalahari across the street for two years.

Check-in was easy, there was no line at 3:30 on a Wednesday, and our room (a Royal Bear Suite on 2nd floor) was ready so we got right in. Staff were friendly, but not overly helpful. We asked about renting a cabana, and were quoted a price of $149.00. When we got the the room, the hotel TV station said they were $99 M-Th, so that kind of irked us although we didn't rent one.

We like having a two separate sleeping areas so the kids can get up and go in the morning and we sleep can in if we choose. All rooms have a fridge and microwave, and we brought some snacks, beer and pops as resort prices are, well, resort prices. We still bought our share of $7.50 frozen drinks, and $4.00 smoothies. The room was adequate, although soundproofing is noticably absent. The boys were awoken both days by hallway noise. Our room was separate, and we had the fan on (very loud fan), which made our sleeping easier. I would bet that the basic rooms are noisy.

Room amenities are sparse, our shampoo and moisturizer was not replenished after the first night, but we got by fine as we brought our own also. We had 6 towels the first night, 4 the second. The boys complained that the towels smelled funny, but I didn't notice. Pillows were fluffy, beds were fine. The maid came around 4:00pm, which we thought was kind of late. We had two TV's that had the basics, pay-per-view movies were $12.00, and the boys said the TV's did not have inputs had they bought their X-Box.

Hotel facilities were okay. I used the exercise room, and while the eliptical worked okay, the bike's computer was not functional. They have a few treadmills and and some combo weight machines. Nobody was there at 9:00am. They have a couple of restaurants, but we ate outside the resort other than one late supper at the Loose Moose. I had a beef / pineapple shish kabob thing that was mediocre, and my wife had an overpriced sirloin that was over cooked. Service was so-so. On the bright side, they did have Guiness on draft. The best deal was the pizza combo in Wiley's Woods that the boys had, which is $7.00 for a pan pizza, 3 breadsticks and a soda. Drinks were poured well. Gift shop was nice. They have a coffee shop / bakery that was good. We brought home some fudge, and my wife liked the Starbucks coffee. If I never see another arcade in a hotel, I'll be happy. The boys spent all their extra money getting tickets and came home with a stuffed monkey, a basketball, fuzzy dice and some candy - for about $60.

The waterpark was a step down from the Kalahari. It's smaller, more spread out and doesn't have as many thrill rides. Even the tornado slide is just okay, and it's kind of boring if you use a two person tube. The 4 person is much better. My wife called the lazy river a "moat" more than a river. The boys liked the wave pool and the slides, but they grew bored after a while. They spent more time in Wiley's Woods pretending to be 14 and throwing, shooting and ducking foam balls. I think they spent about half of their time there. The water staff were attentive to the bathers. What was nice is the lack of crowds, as this park only allows guests to use it, while Kalahari allows day passes. The adult's only hot tub was nice. I think this park is much better for the 4-9 year olds, and then move on to the big league across the street. It was at times stifling in the park from the heat.

Overall, it was okay but we probably won't be back. I think younger children would get a lot more out of the waterpark than teens. I guess what sum's it up for us was the 12 year old saying, "Okay, we went somewhere else, now can we go back the the Kalahari next year?"

Feel free to e-mail if any questions.

Stayed: February 2007
9  Thank Dave A
Reviewed January 19, 2007

In early January, we spent one night at the Great Wolf Lodge and wished we had stayed more. We had stayed at the Great Wolf about five years ago. Since that time, the resort has undergone a huge expansion.

The addition of Bear Track landing has made it, in our opinion, the best Indoor Waterpark in the Dells. If you have children, this waterpark is the perfect balance for all involved. The mat racers and the tube slides give thrills to kids and adults alike. The wave pool is great. The intensity of the wave pool is greater than the one at the Kalahari and less than the Wild Waterdome at the Wilderness. That makes it a perfect blend for us. Fort Mackenzie is a great interactive water play structure. Our kids thought it was fantastic. The Howling Tornado is the best water ride I have ever been on, what a kick... While at the waterpark, we rented a cabana. This was a great way to balance the energy of the kids with a home base and resting place for the adults. There was a 20 inch LCD TV which was used heavily because of the NFL Playoffs. They also stocked the fridge with Pepsi products and juice. This was included in the daily rental fee.

We also visited Wiley's Woods while we were there. While a nice place for the kids, they were running low on the "foam berries" or balls and that was disappointing. Many of the interactive attractions did not work. I would give it a 3 on a 5 scale. My kids thought they would want to stay for 3-4 hours, but were ready to leave after 1 hour.

Our room was a loft fireplace suite, and it was nice for the entire family. I highly reccomend using the gas fireplace. It added a nice feeling to the the room. However, we think we are going to try to stay in a Condo next time. They looked really nice.

We had lunch at the Loose Moose and it was okay. Their signature dish of Pulled Pork sandwiches was average. I would equate it to a good coffee shop. Nothing great, but not horrible either.

We found the staff and lifeguards to be really nice and attentive. This is a great choice for families with a wide range of ages. I hope you enjoy it and we will be returning next year.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Mestermenn