“It was GREAT”

Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
chicago, il
“It was GREAT”
Reviewed February 6, 2006

Our room consisted of a fireplace, 2 beds, 2 person hot tub. Very nice... strategically placed so you can watch TV in the tub & view the fireplace. Pretty romantic.

The indoor park was fabulous, the rides were great (sooo much better than the Kalahari, which I also wrote review about). The water was warm. The new Tornado ride was an incredible rush!

The food was pricey in the hotel, but McDonalds and Papa Johns was nearby. Tip: Order from the Pizza Pub. They have free delivery and great food.

The only set back we had was that the employees seemed to be a bit turned off when you ask them a question. It almost seemed like they didn't want to talk to you, or wasn't supposed to talk to you.

Wiley's Woods, the kids play center, was fabulous for my 7 year old.

It seemed more entertaining for my 7 year old than the Kalahari was.

12 Thank nakalamicnews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Jefferson, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 1, 2006

My husband and I received a gift certificate in 2003 for Great Wolf. We are both in our mid-40's and upon arrival were put on the third floor about 3:00 P.M. Once at Great Wolf we both had a drink in our room before heading out. About 4:00 we started hearing jumping and kids above our room...it was really really noisy and we were surprised seeing this was a waterpark and all. We left about 5:00 to go out and eat and returned about 8:00. Believe it or not, kids were still jumping up and down. My husband and I went up on the 4th floor to the room above us and it was total chaos. I think the parents were at Ho-Chunk or some bar. We went back to the room and listed to this noise continually. About 9:00 I finally called down to the front desk and told them about the noise...it continued til about 10:30 that night. Then someone turned on the shower on the floor above us and it ran for a 1/2 hour and sounded like water was coming in our room. About that time, we called the front desk again and maintenance came up to our room. They just told us we had noisy neighbors. We did get free breakfast vouchers, however, it was not a good experience. First of all, two people checking in by themselves should have been put in a little quieter area of the motel. We continue to go to the Dells about every two months and stay and will not stay at Great Wolf again. May I say Wilderness is a wonderful place in the hotel part, and people are much friendlier and it is much quieter there!

• Stayed December 2003
8 Thank john-vicki
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 23, 2006

The place itself nice to look at but the waterpark is outdated and you grow tired of it after a couple of hours. The parking is less then fun people make up there own rules and park where ever they want leaving people who do not enjoy door dings or dented bumpers to park way in the back. The night time is less then to be desired running up and down the halls and pounding, toliet flushing like it was in your own room. The food prices are out of this world and if you want room service be ready for another fleeceing. It is ok if you have small children and this is one of your first water parks but for teenagers forget it. Also we experienced alot of children un-attended, doing what they wanted and that was pushing, shoving, running and all the other things people on a family vaction do not really like when you are spending time with your kids trying to have fun safely not trying to police unsupervised children and some adults. Spend the few dollars more and go somewhere else across the road like the big K

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank Trish B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 18, 2006

This was our second visit at the Great Wolf. Like the family that wrote a review back in June on security we had a little different issue. Our family broke up in two groups and decided to do the massage they offered around the pool and the other half went on the rides. After having a very relaxing massage decided to go up to the room for a quick nap. Except that the room key card got a little oil on it, well housekeeping was doing the next room and the employee noticed that I was having a bit of trouble and slip her key in and asked if I need the room to be cleaned. Point of it all, she didn't ask me my name or even say that I need to go to the front desk with my issue.... Any way after telling her no and closing the door behind me! I realize I was not in MY room. I some how got turned around and missed my room by a whole floor. 1- I was embrassed but 2-I know if I show a little trouble in getting into a room with housekeeping around I could get into anyone's room.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
naperville il
Reviewed January 15, 2006

We reserved a two night stay and left after the first night. The Tornado was the highlight. The hot tub was not hot, the underwater floodlight was sitting on the bottom of the hot tub, a potential safety hazard. My 9 year old son was injured climbing the stairs. We needed ice for the swelling. The lifeguards didn't offer to help. The person at the concession stand said we had to find the first aid station. We requested help from another lifeguard and a supervisor took ten minutes to arrive. The rooms were uncomfortable and the noise level unbearable after 11:00 PM. We slept veyr little. We complained via the website and were offered a complimentary night to return. We tried to book the free night in January 2006. Spent 20 minutes on hold, only to reach a central reservation center who could not take the reservation and redirected us to the original number we called. He said our call was rolled over because no one had answered at the hotel itself. We tried the number again, was put on hold and after 5-7 minutes of the second long distance call we hung up because we thought we were getting redirected to the same call center. Called a third time, the woman was rude and said she could not help us because she had guests in front of her. She did offer to call us back but by this point, we decided the free night wasn't worth the 3 hour drive and the rude behavior of the staff appeared to have not changed since our last visit. Award winning resort???? Hard to believe.

• Stayed January 2005
17 Thank nville4
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 11, 2005

We had a wonderful experience at Great Wolf Lodge! From the absolutly gorgeous decorating in the lobby to the service , the food and everything else. Everyone there was very friendly and accomodating to our every wish. Special Christmas activities kept the kids very happy and busy and the water park was perfect! We will make it a tradition and return every year!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
Reviewed November 22, 2005

We love going to the waterpark resorts in the Dells,
and this was my first stay at the Great Wolf. It was ok, but definately disappointing, and not as suitable for toddlers and the under 6yrs age group, as similar resorts. These rooms aren't cheap, very expensive (family suite). For the $$$ I prefer the Wilderness, plenty for every age group, and HUGE multiple waterparks indoor & out.
**The Great Wolf is nice,but not outstanding.
We stayed during the end of Oct. and they did a costume parade, trick or treating, games, hayrides etc.. Overall room quality was good.

• Stayed October 2005