“Excellent time had by all!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Menasha, WI
Reviewed July 27, 2004

My 3 year old daughter loved everything from the giant animated clock, to the room, and of course the waterpark. It is fun for all ages and we can't wait to go again next summer!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 20, 2004

We stayed one night- July 20. We chose to stay 2 nights at the Americinn (which was nice too....but nothing compared to Great Wolf), and then pay the $ to stay at Great Wolf for one night. It was AWESOME! Everybody on Tripadvisor is right...staff was so nice, room was so cool and waterparks- both indoor and outdoor- were AWESOME! My kids range from 6-16 at varying stages of daringness, and there was plenty for them all to attempt. I even felt like a kid again! For those leary of walking around in a swimsuit- dont be- EVERYONE, in all shapes and sizes, were walking freely...nobody cares as most people are strangers to each other. My boys loved the arcade...as big or bigger than those found in a mall. Wiley's Woods was kind of dorky, but my 8 year old would have spent all day there. You get into the waterparks and Wiley's Woods free as much as you want the entire length of your stay. We had to check out by 11:00 AM, but could have stayed to use the facilities until they closed at 10:00 PM as they have a nice shower locker room for just that. If you've never stayed at a waterpark, and you have kids like mine...this is the place to stay.

8  Thank bross
Northbrook, Il
Reviewed July 17, 2004

We were very impressed with the excellent service and cleanliness of the Great Wolf. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. Although we had a basic room, it was way above average in size and cleanliness. Housekeeping made sure to keep us stocked with plenty of towels and whatever else we needed. The waterpark and pool were very nice and plenty of lifeguards were on hand. We will definitely return!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2004

The Great Wolf Lodge is a great place to stay. My wife and I looked and looked on the internet for a decent place to stay in Wisconsin Dells and we hit paydirt with this one. We have 2 young kids (4&1) and wanted to have a place where there was stuff for both of them. The Great Wolf Lodge has that. Everything from the indoor water slides, kiddie pool and kiddie slides all the way to the outdoor pool with large water slides(as well as small kids slides) to the playground equipment and kids bumper boats. The great thing about all of this is that they do not allow the general public to pay and use their stuff. Only the people that are staying at the lodge are allowed in the waterpark. Which means that there's no lines to wait in and it's not crowed. Big plus! Other ammenities included Wiley's Woods(indoor fun park), arcade, and childrens stories read by the fireplace in the lobby. Not a cheap place to stay, but none of them are. Will definately go back again.

• Stayed: July 2004
3  Thank SassyOwatonna_MN
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed July 5, 2004

I have been reading the reviews of others about the Great Wof Lodge and I am truely disappointed in some of the comments. Some of these people sound as though they have now reserved a room and we own the lodge so move over and serve me now attitude.

Now on with my comments about the lodge. My entire family enjoyed the lodge and we are planning our next stay there for a family reunion next year. Check in at the lodge is suppose to be 4 pm and we arrived there to meet up with some friends that traveled from Ohio at 11 am and I checked to see if we could at least get into one of our rooms and change so that the kids could go swimming and we were amazed that we got both of our rooms. We reserved the rooms over the internet and got a package deal on some spa items. Great idea have a message and relax, I made the comment when we were standing in the spa that you would never guess that there is a water park above where the spa is at. So I am not really all that sure about the one comment about the construction of the building sounded really good, or I should say, did not sound at all in the rooms, spa, or hallway, only the water park. The water parks are great and I was totally impressed by the lifeguards every where, and very helpful. Friendliness was never an issue with us, everyone was smiling and thanking you and saying good morning, the last time I went anywhere outside of North Dakota I dont remember somebody telling me good morning and making me feel great because I am there enjoying myself.

We will be back and enjoy all of the lodge again, and appreciate all of the service and friendliness that we recieved outside of our home state.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2004

If you want a great place, with it all stay here. The breakfast was awesome.. The rooms were clean. The indoor waterpark was the only thing my kids wanted to do.. It was deffinitly a place everyone should go......

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, TN
Reviewed June 30, 2004

My family and I have visited Wisconsin Dells numerous times and have concluded that the two best resorts there are Great Wolf Lodge and the Kalahari. The Great Wolf Lodge has great rooms...beds are a little uncomfortable, however. The resort is very well kept up, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The waterparks are great...several slides for all ages. The lazy river could be better. The best slides are the two outdoor ones. Plenty of lifeguards who seem to know what they are doing. Snack bar at the pool area is good too! Highly recommend for anyone visiting the Dells, especially families. Have fun!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member