“You won't be disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“You won't be disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is our second time to a great wolf lodge our first time was Traverse City, Mi now this one. We had a great time the room was comfortable and clean with quite a bit space for two adults and three children. They upgraded us to better room at no charge. The first room I booked was a lone wolf condo but did not have a balcony (which I knew) and was a little further away from the water park. I simply asked for a family suite w/ balcony which are about 30-50 more a night. To our surprise it was a family suite w/fireplace and two TVs much closer to the water park. All the staff and seem to be very nice and the lifeguards for the slides were very nice to the kids. The magi quest is fun but can be a bit pricey but thats your choice to do it. Overall the only thing that I didn't like are the pillows are definitely not stomach or back sleepers they are quite firm and stuffed. But I really don't have any complaints we'll definitely be back. Be Leary of the bad reviews I don't see how some of these can be true sometimes you just can't make certain people happy.

Room Tip: Bring food and drinks for sandwiches and maybe some microwaveable stuff you'll save a ton as the...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Lombard, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've been going to the Great Wolf Lodge for many years (10!!), and we have always had a fun time. The breakfast buffet is always great, and the restaurant is very good too. The rooms are clean, spacious and a great place to relax between trips to the water parks. The great thing about the water parks is that everything is in one place, and they are not overcrowded. There is plenty for young kids, teenagers and adults to do all day long. We have tried other resorts and the Great Wolf Lodge definitely has the best layout and amenities. The only downsides are the lazy river is really tiny, and it is a bit pricy.

Room Tip: Get a room above the first floor, and make sure it has a balcony.
1 Thank Eric L
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time ever at Wisconsin dells & at Great Wolf lodge. It was a a quick trip to surprise the kids for doing great in school. Two nights of water park fun with my 17, 11, and 1 year old was priceless.
My husband booked on line and we drove 3 hours to get there. The resort is beautiful both in and out. The entrance was Very clean,loved the high ceiling and the cute cabin decor.
The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and I liked the decor. Two queen beds & there was a fridge, coffee maker & microwave in room. The game room was fun the kids played games and won prizes. The water park had plenty to do for all of us. I was truly surprised that I had so much fun. I got on the water slides even though you had to carry your own tube
up the stairs (tiresome) I did it.
All the Pools were clean in and out. It was not packed with people since we went during the beginning of the week. Resort is fight next to an outlet mall and plenty of restaurants. We ate once at the hotels restaurant because it looked so beautiful bit the food wasn't that great. There home made pizza was so bad but the hot wings were ok.
Over all it was the best mini vacation we've had.
Can't wait to go back again with some friends.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank xmasgirl75
Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It's literally right off the highway. We took the kids (2, 13, and 17) for the water park, which they enjoyed. The restaurant was really good. I would highly recommend the chicken marsala with the rice. The best rice I've ever had. My only complaint was the room bathroom, which had mold on the caulk between the tile. It was all over the shower. The bathroom was also small which I could live with.

• Stayed August 2013
Vicksburg, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Omg. What a waste of 1000.00 plus dollars for three days. Over priced. Rude staff Rude security and smelly bathrooms. I have been a repeat guest for 10 plus years. What the hell happened here. Lifeguards that don't speak English and a staff that looks like they hate working here. I will never be back here. Wilderness hotel you now have new guests. What a joke.

1 Thank Brandie A
Faribault, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent the night August 4th. We are glad that we didn't book more than one night. The check in process was fine. We had to go to another table to get a parking pass. The staff should be told to wait until the guest walks away from the table to complain about them not wanting to listen to the sales pitch for the condos! I wish I could say that was the only rude encounter I had with employees during our stay. I took my daughter to the arcade and when she tried to return tickets that she found on the floor..the employee blew her off and walked away from her. Many of the machines in the arcade were not in working order when we were there. The employees in the gift shop could have cared less that we were there. Our room was dark and the decor was well worn and needed to be updated. In general, the place is over priced for what you get. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Mav7706
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Have stayed at this lodge at least 3-4 times. Everytime we have gone each experience has been great. The restaurant is very good and have many foods to choose from. The one stay we did have to stay in an accesible room which was weird and it was right by the stairs so you could hear people walking up and down the stairs.

The waterpark is great and for the adults it is an great spot to go on trips. We stayed at this resort in 2010 and 2011 and maybe an few other times as well.

Would stay at this hotel again. We have stayed at this hotel the last few years and I would recommend this hotel over the wilderness. It can be an bit pricey but it is worth it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple