“Very clean, great family stay”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin
“Very clean, great family stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in a Kid Cabin Suite for 3 nights. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and suited our family of three very well. Three older children can comfortably sleep in the Kid Cabin, but we wanted it as a darker place for naps and nighttime for our 20-month-old. It was perfect with a couple of clever modifications from my husband. (He covered the doorway with the blanket from our bed and stuffed pillows in the two windows.) Our pack-and-play fit between the beds in the Kid Cabin. The water park has something for all ages. We didn't get to try the arcade, but it looks nice if small compared to other arcades.This was a great place to stay during our family vacation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stopped in for the night at Wisconsin Dells and were pleasantly surprised at the daily rate! The lodge lives up to it's name the rooms are cleverly furnished with lodge decor. It made me feel like I was back at the lake. The rooms are well soundproofed and the shops are well suited for adults too! Close to an outlet mall and many restaurants, I would definitely stay here again.

Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our second visit to the Great Wolf Lodge. The rooms are clean and nice. The indoor water park is very nice and lots of fun. The staff was very friendly. We enjoy using the park the day we check in and the day we check out with a one night stay. Good times.

Room Tip: We loved the king sized bed with a whirlpool tub and fireplace.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here to celebrate my 50th Birthday Weekend, would definitely go back again. Close to shopping at The Tanger Outlet Mall. Waterpark was fun. This was the off-season so not too much crowing and no wait for the waterpark slides

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nesbit, Mississippi
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for a couple days at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was fun, especially for kids under 14. My two older kids were not as entertained as our two younger ones. The water was a tad bit cold in some of the attractions. But those Northerners like it that way. The lobby is adorable with a cute show at the big clock two times a day. The animals come to life and sing, and two Native American mannequins come out of the clock (resembling Pocahontas and ? his name escapes me) they sing, too. There are other child oriented activities for younger guests, as well as places to eat and shop. It is pretty clean and safe. Very family friendly! Our room was ok, a bit worn, and needs some updating.

Room Tip: We went during the week, rather than a weekend so it was not so hectic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the lodge about 3 or 4 times. We love the water park and miss going there. What needs to be improved:
Noise levels!!!! No running signs might be good. Also explaining to guests that they should not slam doors and jump around at 1 in the morning. Also - cracking down on partying teenagers would be good. It's hard to enjoy a weekend away when you can't sleep.
Cleaning in the condos would be great too. Too many things are dusty or dirty for my taste.

Room Tip: Non-highway side is quieter but that doesn't guarantee no noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I took our 6 your old niece here for the weekend and everyone had a great time. Check was smooth, as we had done the online check-in before we arrived.

The rooms were ok. Bigger than I expected but they could use an upgrade for sure.

The clock tower show was very disappointing. I was really hoping for something a little more elaborate. Story time was ok but I could see how it could get really crazy during busy times.

The Waterpark was great, as there were not a ton of people there. I was kind of bummed that the big family raft ride was down, though. It's smaller than other indoor waterparks in the area but I think it caters to kids better. Just less waterslides for bigger kids and adults. We had lunch in the waterpark and it was nice that they offered some healthy options. It was expensive but the food was better than I had expected.

Magiquest was my favorite part of the trip. We spent about 6 hours total playing this over the weekend. Just a blast! But be prepared to go up and down a ton of stairs.

My niece and I did a pedicure and while it was nice, I don't think it was worth what we paid. I would skip this next time.

One morning we grabbed a quick breakfast at the sweets shop, which was great. The second morning we had the family style breakfast at The Loose Moose. It was ok, but way too much food. I felt so guilty leaving all this food on the table. It would have been great for a larger group or people who want a huge breakfast, just not for us.

I would come back here again, but only with family. It's definitely not for couples without kids. The do a great job making it fun for the kids and for families.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor and was told it was the quietest since there is no one above you. We...