“Birthday Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
“Birthday Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here to celebrate my 50th Birthday Weekend, would definitely go back again. Close to shopping at The Tanger Outlet Mall. Waterpark was fun. This was the off-season so not too much crowing and no wait for the waterpark slides

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Nesbit, Mississippi
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for a couple days at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was fun, especially for kids under 14. My two older kids were not as entertained as our two younger ones. The water was a tad bit cold in some of the attractions. But those Northerners like it that way. The lobby is adorable with a cute show at the big clock two times a day. The animals come to life and sing, and two Native American mannequins come out of the clock (resembling Pocahontas and ? his name escapes me) they sing, too. There are other child oriented activities for younger guests, as well as places to eat and shop. It is pretty clean and safe. Very family friendly! Our room was ok, a bit worn, and needs some updating.

Room Tip: We went during the week, rather than a weekend so it was not so hectic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the lodge about 3 or 4 times. We love the water park and miss going there. What needs to be improved:
Noise levels!!!! No running signs might be good. Also explaining to guests that they should not slam doors and jump around at 1 in the morning. Also - cracking down on partying teenagers would be good. It's hard to enjoy a weekend away when you can't sleep.
Cleaning in the condos would be great too. Too many things are dusty or dirty for my taste.

Room Tip: Non-highway side is quieter but that doesn't guarantee no noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I took our 6 your old niece here for the weekend and everyone had a great time. Check was smooth, as we had done the online check-in before we arrived.

The rooms were ok. Bigger than I expected but they could use an upgrade for sure.

The clock tower show was very disappointing. I was really hoping for something a little more elaborate. Story time was ok but I could see how it could get really crazy during busy times.

The Waterpark was great, as there were not a ton of people there. I was kind of bummed that the big family raft ride was down, though. It's smaller than other indoor waterparks in the area but I think it caters to kids better. Just less waterslides for bigger kids and adults. We had lunch in the waterpark and it was nice that they offered some healthy options. It was expensive but the food was better than I had expected.

Magiquest was my favorite part of the trip. We spent about 6 hours total playing this over the weekend. Just a blast! But be prepared to go up and down a ton of stairs.

My niece and I did a pedicure and while it was nice, I don't think it was worth what we paid. I would skip this next time.

One morning we grabbed a quick breakfast at the sweets shop, which was great. The second morning we had the family style breakfast at The Loose Moose. It was ok, but way too much food. I felt so guilty leaving all this food on the table. It would have been great for a larger group or people who want a huge breakfast, just not for us.

I would come back here again, but only with family. It's definitely not for couples without kids. The do a great job making it fun for the kids and for families.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor and was told it was the quietest since there is no one above you. We...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our third trip to Great Wolf over the past several years and we had another excellent visit. My children, both 10 and under, very much enjoy MagiQuest and the indoor water park. During this trip, however, we had something unusual happen.

My youngest had an allergic reaction to something he encountered in one of the outdoor pools and the staff at Great Wolf was tremendous in dealing with it. The first person to help us was the Aquatics Supervisor and the next day, when the rash worsened, the EMT on site. The EMT in particular was supportive, saying that he had a young boy himself and re-assuring me that this was not a serious condition. He detailed to me the signs I needed to watch for, however, and made sure I knew where the Urgent Care center was if it became necessary.

I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and care shown to me and my family by the Great Wolf staff and look forward to visiting their establishment again in the future

Room Tip: Kids really like the Wolf Den rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank markabaddon
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great resorts for young kids, especialy if the love animals. Good food at the resturants, nice waterback but not as big as at Wilderness resort. Pricey but worth the weekend stay. Service needs some improvement.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Viquar K
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently we went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells. We shared a condo with my brother, his kids and a friend plus their kids. Kids ranged from 18mo. to 8 years old. The rooms were adequate, and the common area of the condo was nice for playing cards and having a beverage after the kiddos went to sleep. The condo had a full kitchen, but was pretty far from the main lobby (about a 5 minute walk) so as far as convenience, i would say that adjoining rooms closer to the lobby and pool area would have been better. The water park was nice and great for kids as there are many different sections. If you get bored in one spot, just move to a different section. There are 3 indoor areas and 1 outdoor area. Ultimately we had a blast. Good Points were: the rooms, story time in the lobby (every night at 8) the numerous eateries close by (definitely recommend Buffalo Phil's) and the variety of the water park. Bad points were: condos pretty far from water park/lobby, water park opens at 1pm unless you stayed the night before (i guess that could be a good thing if you go up on a Friday)

Room Tip: A room closer to the lobby would be great if you plan on eating at the restaurant and going for the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family