“Kids love it could be improved”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the lodge about 3 or 4 times. We love the water park and miss going there. What needs to be improved:
Noise levels!!!! No running signs might be good. Also explaining to guests that they should not slam doors and jump around at 1 in the morning. Also - cracking down on partying teenagers would be good. It's hard to enjoy a weekend away when you can't sleep.
Cleaning in the condos would be great too. Too many things are dusty or dirty for my taste.

Room Tip: Non-highway side is quieter but that doesn't guarantee no noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I took our 6 your old niece here for the weekend and everyone had a great time. Check was smooth, as we had done the online check-in before we arrived.

The rooms were ok. Bigger than I expected but they could use an upgrade for sure.

The clock tower show was very disappointing. I was really hoping for something a little more elaborate. Story time was ok but I could see how it could get really crazy during busy times.

The Waterpark was great, as there were not a ton of people there. I was kind of bummed that the big family raft ride was down, though. It's smaller than other indoor waterparks in the area but I think it caters to kids better. Just less waterslides for bigger kids and adults. We had lunch in the waterpark and it was nice that they offered some healthy options. It was expensive but the food was better than I had expected.

Magiquest was my favorite part of the trip. We spent about 6 hours total playing this over the weekend. Just a blast! But be prepared to go up and down a ton of stairs.

My niece and I did a pedicure and while it was nice, I don't think it was worth what we paid. I would skip this next time.

One morning we grabbed a quick breakfast at the sweets shop, which was great. The second morning we had the family style breakfast at The Loose Moose. It was ok, but way too much food. I felt so guilty leaving all this food on the table. It would have been great for a larger group or people who want a huge breakfast, just not for us.

I would come back here again, but only with family. It's definitely not for couples without kids. The do a great job making it fun for the kids and for families.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor and was told it was the quietest since there is no one above you. We...
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our third trip to Great Wolf over the past several years and we had another excellent visit. My children, both 10 and under, very much enjoy MagiQuest and the indoor water park. During this trip, however, we had something unusual happen.

My youngest had an allergic reaction to something he encountered in one of the outdoor pools and the staff at Great Wolf was tremendous in dealing with it. The first person to help us was the Aquatics Supervisor and the next day, when the rash worsened, the EMT on site. The EMT in particular was supportive, saying that he had a young boy himself and re-assuring me that this was not a serious condition. He detailed to me the signs I needed to watch for, however, and made sure I knew where the Urgent Care center was if it became necessary.

I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and care shown to me and my family by the Great Wolf staff and look forward to visiting their establishment again in the future

Room Tip: Kids really like the Wolf Den rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank markabaddon
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great resorts for young kids, especialy if the love animals. Good food at the resturants, nice waterback but not as big as at Wilderness resort. Pricey but worth the weekend stay. Service needs some improvement.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Viquar K
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently we went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells. We shared a condo with my brother, his kids and a friend plus their kids. Kids ranged from 18mo. to 8 years old. The rooms were adequate, and the common area of the condo was nice for playing cards and having a beverage after the kiddos went to sleep. The condo had a full kitchen, but was pretty far from the main lobby (about a 5 minute walk) so as far as convenience, i would say that adjoining rooms closer to the lobby and pool area would have been better. The water park was nice and great for kids as there are many different sections. If you get bored in one spot, just move to a different section. There are 3 indoor areas and 1 outdoor area. Ultimately we had a blast. Good Points were: the rooms, story time in the lobby (every night at 8) the numerous eateries close by (definitely recommend Buffalo Phil's) and the variety of the water park. Bad points were: condos pretty far from water park/lobby, water park opens at 1pm unless you stayed the night before (i guess that could be a good thing if you go up on a Friday)

Room Tip: A room closer to the lobby would be great if you plan on eating at the restaurant and going for the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We lucked out with excellent weather in Sept., so we got to enjoy the Indoor and Outdoor water parks. We stayed in a Cabin room with a toddler. Our 2 night stay was great with plenty to do for the family. Its water areas are excellent for toddlers and kids under 10 especially. It is near plenty of restaurants, and a walk away from an awesome arcade and Outlet mall. Our stay was comfortable, fun and not overly crowded with guests. Rating 4 stars relative to other water-inclusive parks in the Dells area.

Room Tip: No really good views, but it is better to face away from Freeway side and to be closer to the lobby...
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent 2 nights in a loft fireplace suite with 4 adults and 4 kids, ages 3 1/2, 3, 2 1/2 and 1. The room was good. I had read online that there was a full bath and a half bath which was not the case. There was only 1 full bath which we seemed to manage fine with. The loft area seemed like a great idea but in reality, having the kids sleep up there was a bad idea. There's a skylight that we didn't notice when we checked in and in the morning, the light beems brightly in! I would suggest against putting little ones that are awake when they see sunshine up there. There was a mini-fridge in our room that we filled with milk and snacks for the kids. It was very handy. The room was overall very clean. The beds were very comfortable but the pillows were another story. The do offer free pack and plays to use during your stay which is a great option if you don't bring yours. I did call and ask for an early check-in and even offered to pay for an early check-in which was refused. I wish that were an option. When they say 4pm check in, that's exactly what they mean!

As far as the waterpark, it was perfect for our kids. It was big enough that there was plenty to do and small enough that the little ones weren't exhausted from walking a ton (which is what kept us from going to Wildnerness). It has 4 separate areas that we fully utilized. It was nice to have separate rooms so it never felt crowded and overfull. We were always able to find a chair or a table for our things. We spent a fair amount of time outside too. One of the outdoor pools was nice and refreshing, the other was like an ice bucket so we steered clear of that. Life jackets and towels were never an issue. It was easy to find both at any time of morning, afternoon or evening. I would say kids up to ages 12 would really enjoy it here.

The bedtime story was a joke. It was packed! I couldn't understand the clocktower show at all. It sounded like mumbled toddler speaking. My 3 year old kept saying "what are they talking about Mama?"... I couldn't tell her because I couldn't understand. The bedtime story was a staff member that read a book with a character standing next to her. She would read a page then attempt to show you the picture. That was a joke since we were about 1/2way into the crowd. We couldn't see at all.

There's also plenty to do in the area. It's about 15 mins from Downtown Dells, the outlet mall was right next door and there were several other things close to do/see and to eat. We honestly never really ventured out because we played all day at the waterpark.

Overall, we had a great time and we'd go back there in the future with our little ones!

1  Thank sarahzizzo