“Best Catfish & Gluten Free Options”
Review of Taste Of New Orleans - CLOSED

Taste Of New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Good service and food. Our favorite place to visit when in the dells! Great gater nuggets! Excellent location and parking next to the restaurant. A family favorite.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Son & I stopped by for dinner. I had the catfish & he had the gator nuggets.
The catfish filets just melted in your mouth! Very light, not heavy or greasy at all!
French fries were good also
Son loved the gator nuggets. He ate them so fast he forgot to give me a taste! But he said he would definately order again & again & again.
Service was very nice & attentive. They were quite busy when we were there but our waiter kept us abreast on our order & such. That was a nice touch just having him stop by quickly to let us know he hadn't forgotten about us.
Yes the decor is a bit on the touristy side but...please it is a tourist town. It was clean, not dust or dirt on any of the decor. And they were trying to give you the impression of being in the south sitting at one of the grand plantations. Glad to see they were able to expand the place inside & with outside seating from when they first opened up.
I'll stick to going here for my fix for New Orleans...closer & cheaper.
The hurricane drinks were also very nice.
And their sweet tea is the real deal...southern sweet tea! Ahhhhh heavenly
Too bad we didn't have room for dessert. I think next time we will start out with dessert first!

1  Thank switallawe3fish
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Having just arrived in Wis Dells after a day of driving, we were hungy and anxious for dinner. Someone recommended this place, so we went there right away. The outdoor seating provided a very nice atmosphere - very pleasant. The waiter seemed very irritated when we told him we were hungry and asked for recommendations on what to order. Granted, he was just a kid, but still - he acted like we had asked him to do something completely unreasonable. Anyway - we ordered and waited. He brought our food and disappeared for the remainder of our entire meal - never once came back to check on us. We never did find out what the problem was. About half way through our very spicy meals, I took our empty drink glasses inside and asked someone else if they could get us refills. Aside from us, there were only 2 other tables to tend to as it was past the dinner rush, so it's not like they were busy. The food was very small portions - for a lot of money. When we were done, I had to go find someone else to bring us our check so we could get out of there. We left and walked down the street where we ate tacos as we were all still hungry after spending over $100 for 3 people to get a few bites of food. Nice outdoor atmosphere and we were happy tourists on vacation so we didn't get upset - but ...not going there again.
Note: Don't get the gator bites appetizer. If you've ever had real gator - this isn't it!

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Terrible almost rotten food. Nice waitress though. We were disappointed. They even gave a kid spicy Cajun potatoes.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was told the owner's are from the New Orleans area, but the food was a disappointment. We had Gumbo, which although tasty & flavorful, was short on substance. Very little other than roué. The crab cakes tasted as though they were made with imitation crab meat (flaked fish) which proved to be a turn off. The décor was very appropriate and one of the owners stopped by to say hello, a nice gesture. Although I should have informed him of my opinion, I did not do so. I think if they used authentic ingredients and added enough of same, they would have a great restaurant. I view it as typical tourist food, which they can cheap out on, because there is always another tourist waiting to take your place. Sorry, but I think the $ was placed above the quality.

2  Thank tbc3