“very good seafood”

Taste Of New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant had fantastic decor that made you feel like you were down south. Our server (Mike) was great. He was very friendly and patient and made some great suggestions for us. We ordered a catfish platter which was AMAZING. I have never had catfish that tasted that good. It was light and tasty, not greasy. It came paired with some midly spicy potatoes, which were also good. We ordered the lobster bisque as an appetizer which was absolutely delicious. I would suggest not missing the soup! However, we also decied to try the aligator bites, which were disaapointing at best. They were overly breaded and that was probably a good idea because the aligator meat, when removed from the breading was tough and tasted poorly. I would recommend skipping them, unless you want to try them just for the experience... Towards the end of the meal, the owner stopped over to see how our meal was. He had a light cajun accent, which spoke to the authenticity of the food. We both enjoyed our meal and would recommend it to others.

1  Thank FoderickE

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The owners are the most down home country folk that you will find and the service is great! The bignets were fantastic and the po'boys were delicious.. You have to try the seafood gumbo. It is spicy and has plenty of seafood in there.

Must go there for use.

1  Thank Nennypoo
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in the Dells 3 weekends in the past year & decided to try The Taste of New Orleans for something different. The Catfish Sambo was really good. My husband even liked it and he doesn't eat fish. I thought the gumbo was the best I've ever had. When i go back, I'll get the bowl versus the cup. The batter on the fried items is more panko style, so it is much lighter and not at all doughy like other Midwestern deep fry batter. It didn't feel heavy. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you love sea food you'll love the Taste of New Orleans. Owner and head Chef Sam prepares many different specials.If you want to hear a good joke ask Sam he'll keep you in stitches.And just like down on the Bayou , when you leave there you feel like you just left home and family. The place is always neat and clean.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family was intrigued and decided to give this place a shot. I'm not a seafood fan, but my wife is a fanatic. I ordered the chicken pho boy and was very disappointed in the quality and quantity. My wife ordered catfish and asked for a recomendation of which pho boy from the waitress, her reposne was everyone raves about the crab cake one. To her disappointment the crab cakes used immitation crab!
On the other hand the catfish was outstanding! Light fresh and flaky.