“Sea food”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Chicago, Illinois
“Sea food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I came here due to the reviews. I was a little afraid because the other reviews mentioned bad service. I was afraid the waitress would be rude, but she wasn't. She wasn't "happy go lucky" either but it was ok. The restaurant was not full at all, probably due to the time of the year i visited. The food was pretty good. A little on the expensive side. The decor inside was kinda tacky but the New Orleans theme was there. I was a little afraid that my clothes was going to smell like the restaurant because of how strong the smell is there. So be careful what you wear when you go when they have a full house. Over all, i would go back.

• Visited October 2012

Amherst, Wisconsin
“Michelin Man”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It has been said that "good rubber makes for a happy man". It's also been said that "happy cows come from California", but we all know that that's a load of crap! Good rubber is essential and does, indeed, make for a happy man! I have been trying to recall who came up with the phrase, but I really can't remember if it was Leonardo Da Vinci, the Michelin Man or the Trojan Horse. Regardless of its origins, the phrase remains the most inspiring fortune cookie quote since the delightful treats were invented by Shaka Khan. Or maybe it was Genghis Khan . . . . whatever!

The only place I can think of where good rubber is actually not good, is in your food! But don't tell that to the folks over at Taste of New Orleans in Wisconsin Dells because it'll just bounce right off their beignets!

We were in town for the Dells Chili Cookoff and found ourselves with a craving for something sweet and tasty after all of the heat and spices of the cookoff. Well, having recently visited New Orleans and falling head over heals with their beignets, we decided to drop in at the one restaurant that claims to be authentic New Orleans cuisine to see if they had some of heavenly pillows of goodness we had grown to love!

The staff was as friendly as Katrina with the enthusiasm of gator poo. The decor appeared as if the owners had raided all of the Goodwill stores within a hundred miles and then threw them around while blindfolded. And the beignets? Well, lets just say that if you took a Goodyear Wrangler XT and filled it with old biscuit dough, then covered it with about a half inch of powdered sugar, you would actually have something a bit more edible than that which we were presented! Seriously! I couldn't even cut them with my fork and had to resort to a knife! RUBBER! We had one bite and were so exhausted afterwards that we decided to call it good and pay the bill! The server didn't even care that we didn't like the beignets and simply took our money and walked away, presumably to meet with his zombie minions!

So if you are looking for genuine New Orleans in the heart of Wisconsin, don't look in the Dells! However, if you need a spare tire for your trailer, or if for some obscure reason you find yourself in a zombie apocalypse and in need of something to chew on, try the beignets over at Taste of New Orleans in Wisconsin Dells. Where you will be served by the living dead and the beignets will bounce off their bloody heads!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank FoodiePebbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is wonderful and it is hard for me to believe the bad reviews that are on here. The owners are right there all the time and are constantly walking around to make sure everyone is happy with everything. My girlfriend and I had a great meal there. As others have said, the Jambalaya is AMAZING, and so was everything else we had. And our waitress was extremely friendly. I'm not sure what the person who says the portions are small ordered, but that was not our experience. In fact, we ate a late lunch there (at about 2:00) and for one of the very few times in my life I went to bed without needing any dinner. We were stuffed when we left. And my girlfriend, who is not one to throw around compliments about food easily (she is a great cook) thought this place was great. Next time in the Dells this will be the first place we head for.

• Visited September 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Make sure to stop here!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

So good that we went here twice during our 4 day stay. My husband had the boiled crayfish. The jambalaya was AMAZING! This is the only place in the northern states that I have found that had catfish that tasted just like it did when I was down south on business.

Visited June 2012
Jefferson, Wisconsin
“Excellent Service, food, and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our experience at the Taste of New Orleans. We were greeted by a wonderful hostess and our server was very friendly and helpful. Our food was phenomenal; even our rather picky 4 year olds ate everything! I'm astonished to see the bad reviews as this was definitely a great dining experience for us and our whole family! I also loved the decor and variety of seating available. We will definitely be going back here again!!

• Visited September 2012