“Great Experience”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is wonderful and it is hard for me to believe the bad reviews that are on here. The owners are right there all the time and are constantly walking around to make sure everyone is happy with everything. My girlfriend and I had a great meal there. As others have said, the Jambalaya is AMAZING, and so was everything else we had. And our waitress was extremely friendly. I'm not sure what the person who says the portions are small ordered, but that was not our experience. In fact, we ate a late lunch there (at about 2:00) and for one of the very few times in my life I went to bed without needing any dinner. We were stuffed when we left. And my girlfriend, who is not one to throw around compliments about food easily (she is a great cook) thought this place was great. Next time in the Dells this will be the first place we head for.

• Visited September 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Make sure to stop here!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

So good that we went here twice during our 4 day stay. My husband had the boiled crayfish. The jambalaya was AMAZING! This is the only place in the northern states that I have found that had catfish that tasted just like it did when I was down south on business.

Visited June 2012
Jefferson, Wisconsin
“Excellent Service, food, and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our experience at the Taste of New Orleans. We were greeted by a wonderful hostess and our server was very friendly and helpful. Our food was phenomenal; even our rather picky 4 year olds ate everything! I'm astonished to see the bad reviews as this was definitely a great dining experience for us and our whole family! I also loved the decor and variety of seating available. We will definitely be going back here again!!

• Visited September 2012
“Rude owners”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Apparently their credit card machine was down which I had only heard about a half hour after I ordered my food. When I questioned it the owner said they could only take cash. I was in the Dells on business and only had a work credit card. I explained this to the owner who pointed across the street and said, there is an ATM across the street." I explained to him again that I had no authority to pull cash off a business credit card. He told me, " it's not my problem." Well it became his problem when I got up and left as my food was ready to be brought to the table. I don't live that far the Dells and will be sure to tell everyone about my awful experience.

5 Thank Celia P
Madison, WI
“Awful Service. I'm seriously shocked this place is rated so high!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Maybe the bartender was having a really bad day, but sorry, you can't treat people like that and not get a bad review. He ignored my friend and I - wouldn't even give us an opportunity to order food or settle our bill. We've never been treated so poorly. Too bad we never got to try the food. The glass of wine we had was actually pretty good.

4 Thank Jessica78