“Authentic. Affordable. Delicious.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Of New Orleans - CLOSED

Taste Of New Orleans
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Belleair, Florida
“Authentic. Affordable. Delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Of course while visiting the Dells I had to visit the restaurant that tripadvisor members recommended as number 1. I wasn't disappointed.

The Wisconsin Dells is a giant tourist trap filled with mediocre food and high prices. Not at the Taste of New Orleans, however.

The food is authentic and delicious. It is the ONLY restaurant I have found in the midwest that carries boudin. I asked to speak to the owner who told me he has to import it in 15 case lots. He also told me that his mayo is Blue Plate and even his black pepper is a proprietary blend (I tasted both and they are great0.

For many years I lived in New Orleans - this restaurant qualifies as authentic. The prices are affordable, the staff friendly, the owner Sam visits every table and the food is delicious.

if you want an alternative to corporate, this is the place to go. Unfortuantely they close for the season but come spring, I will making the two hour drive just for some fresh oysters and boudin.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfaction - Not Guaranteed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We didn't care for the taste of the Shrimp Gumbo and expressed our feelings in a courteous fashion to our server. We did not expect to recieve a credit on our bill or such but would have appreciated some show of concern from the owner. Despite a low volume of lunch customers on this off-season day we were left with an empty stomach. Maybe the owner was having a bad day but I can't see any reason for ignoring an unsatisfied customer.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Chris Z
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The food was delicious yet affordable. We had Shrimp, Louisiana Pasta, Crab Cakes and a shrimp fondue for an appetizer. 3 of us ate it all. Very glad we decided to stop there for a late lunch.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Welcome to the Big Easy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I discovered this amazing restaurant on the last day of our Wisconsin vacation. What a find! Our lunch was so good that we went back for dinner! Our waitress, Sui, was adorable, fun and excellent! The food and ambience in the restaurant brought back terrific memories of New Orleans. Sam, the owner, said they will be expanding yet again this winter and will have an iron balcony with spanish moss over their new front door on Wisconsin Avenue. Look for it starting in March, 2012!

1 Thank Anne A
Madison, Wisconsin
“Yeah you right!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I live in Madison, but spent my young years in New Orleans. It is so worth the hour drive from Madison. Go now!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles