“The Real Denny's”

Dining options: Breakfast
Grafton, Wisconsin
“The Real Denny's”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not to be confused with the chain. The first name of the Owner of this place is Denny. Upon entering the place you just start smiling. Many many nostalgic glimpses of the past from different eras gone by. Service was very good on this day. Three separate checks (no problem). Food is normal to good for the price paid. A note of warning ahead of time - THIS PLACE DOES NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS - CASH ONLY! Other than that small downer, I recommend the locally owned breakfast diner.

• Visited November 2012

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were planning to go to Paul Bunyan's, but they were closed for the season. So, we tried Dennys Diner instead. They were out of cinnamon rolls, so I tried the caramel pecan roll. YUM! It was. Excellent, totally homemade. We saw someone else eating the cinnamon roll. It looked awesome. Will try that next time. The hash towns had an excellent crunch and flavor, and the stuffed French toast was excellent! We will definitely go here again.

• Visited October 2012
Morris, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nasty”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I don't know how ANYONE could recommend this place at all!! This place is terrible! This place is filthy. There is dust and greasy dirt everywhere on their decor and all around the windows. Their chairs were greasy and grimmy. I had to cleaned my hands with a wipe after sitting down. The bathrooms.....you were afraid to touch anything because there was dirt and grim everywhere. In the ladies bathroom my feet were "slipping" a bit from all the dirt and grim. Also a large portion of the sink broke off. So instead of getting a replacement, they decided to CAULK and GLUE the broken pieces together! We are talking about the bowl of the sink here!! I am surprised that the health department has not closed this place down! Our table was sticky with a milk ring on it. I had to clean it off my self! The coffee was horrible. I think their creamer was bad because the coffee tasted "sour" after it was poured into the coffee.Our food was not good either. My husband had an omlette and it was all dried out. How can you screw up an omlette?! We had better food from McDonalds on the fly! This place just SUCKS! GO TO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! The Chain Denny's was SO MUCH BETTER------GO THERE INSTEAD

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RTMFamily
Ottawa, Illinois
“you can't go wrong here”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the Dennys on the corner, NOT the Dennys chain restaurants. This is the REAL thing and the food is exceptional. Its just hard to decide what to have! We always go for breakfast when were in the Dells. Enjoy!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank ChrisFuller320252011
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is Denny's Diner, not the chain we all know. It is family oriented with trains in the air and just plain good food. We went for breakfast. Excellent.

Visited August 2012