“Rip off! Avoid this place!”

Colotlan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First of all I never write a complaint of a place unless it truly deserves it. With that said, the first impression of the place is it is dirty and unpleasant smell. The owner/server is nice and takes the order well. The food is subpar. No taste. Poor quality. Table salsa could melt steel. Well almost. The worst part was they overcharged us by almost twenty dollars. No explanations. Just rude. So I paid for a terrible, almost in edible meal. Do yourself a favor and pick anywhere else in the dells.

There are newer reviews for Colotlan Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped in here for a quick bite to eat. Its a small family resturant. The food was not the greatest. There was no seasoning we all had to add salt to our food to make it tasty. I think kind overpriced also. It seems like a nice place but i would not eat there again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This has been one of the worst Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. The food is tasteless and way overpriced. They just opened a new restaurant next to the torture museum and the food and price is excellent.

1  Thank rpm1774
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Ordered steaks tacos & they are as authentic & delicious as u can get. The chorizo is a MUST, after I ordered my steak tacos I had another customer tell me I should of went with the chorizo because they make it from scratch so I ordered one chorizo taco. Probably the best chorizo I have ever had! My husband got the beef burrito & it was pouring with delicious seasoned ground beef! We will be back!

2  Thank Lhess24
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Despite being right down town, tourists don't seem to frequent this joint. This was a cute little restaurant--just two guys working. The menu was extensive, and the prices were great. Service was very good and fast! The salsa was too watery and very hot, but everything else was delicious!! My husband used the men's room and said it was disgusting, unfortunately. Still would go back, definitely!!

1  Thank MrsDrO2U