New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Comfort food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Joliet, Illinois
“Comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very good food and service. Dinner is served family style. All you can eat. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes were amazing! Real mashed potatoes and the chicken was finger licking good! Good staff, great food and affordable price. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the Dells area.

• Visited July 2014

Sullivan, Indiana
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were a group of 6 ranging in age from 6 to 62. We decided to eat breakfast here to try something different. We beat the rush and were quickly seated. They will give a AAA discount. The price for adults is set and the children are charged per their age. We ate at picnic tables and were served family style. The menu is set. The price includes drinks and refills are available on drinks and food. We were served warm donuts to start and they were amazing!! We also had sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. All of the food was so good. With your food ticket you also get a discount for the Lumber Jack show. The restaurant does resemble what I think a lumber jack's cook shanty would be like.

Visited July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“I love this place! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is my third review in the past year of this place and each time it just gets better. I brought my parents and brother here with my boyfriend this time. My parents have only had Paul Bunyan's breakfast before and have always wanted to try dinner. Three words THEY LOVED IT! This restaurant offers a unique setting, great staff, and amazing food! The fried chicken is the best! So juicy and a great crunchy breading. Our table went through 4 bowls of the mashed potatoes also! I Highly recommend coming here for breakfast and dinner!

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Comfort food served family style.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I hesitate to give it four stars but it would compare to good supper clubs in many areas in Wisconsin. Good fried chicken, good ribs. Real mashed potatoes. The salad was very good and our server gave us more when we asked.

The food is served family style. Our server was prompt and quite accommodating for the young child in our party.

Visited July 2014
ishpeming
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Hours later I'm still uncomfortably full. The food is always good and so is the service. For what you get the price is very affordable. I recommend going on rib night.

1 Thank kerry s