“Great food, just not sold on the set up of the tables!”

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The family style setting was great, my family loved that aspect of this restaurant. It definitely gave the feel of good home cooking. However, I will say that $14.99 a plate seems like a lot, when you are not someone who truly indulges with the 'all you can eat' philosophy - I definitely DON'T think I ate $15.00 worth of food... BUT... it was REALLY good.

The only other complaint I have is that the tables are REALLY close together and they sit you side by side with strangers {like at the same table}... so that sort of takes away the intimate 'family' experience... I was "lucky" enough to be sitting behind a women who incessantly hit me in the back with her chair - so the close proximity of the other diners is really less than to be desired and makes you feel a bit crowded.

1  Thank CrystalB85

Reviewed July 3, 2014

It has become a family tradition to go here once a year with cousins and take a picture of the kids with the Paul Bunyan statue and see how much they have grown from year to year. The food is good and so plentiful. Donuts are yummy. Lots of fun. Very traditional all-American experience. What could be more American than over-indulgence? That is what we do every time we go here.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Our kids want to go every year and we always leave wondering why we keep going back. Expensive, greasy, always leave feeling yucky. $40 for eggs, greasy sausage, greasy ham, a little bit of hashbrowns, a couple of pancakes even the kids wouldn't eat. The doughnuts are good, but not worth the trip. We give it a solid meh.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Every time we visit the Dells, our family must have breakfast at Paul Bunyan's! We love the family style all you can eat breakfast which includes eggs, sausage, ham, potatoes, buttermilk donuts, pancakes, juice, milk & coffee. The line to get a table in the "logging camp" went quickly. Once seated you are served promptly. We look forward to our next breakfast at Paul Bunyan's.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very fun atmosphere, fun plates and campfire mugs. Sit at long tables and served family style. Very busy, loud and hectic but worked great for our family. Waitresses working very hard. Food. Donuts were amazing! I am not a big donut guy and I thought they were great. My wife had three! Biscuits and gravy were good, sausage was very tasty, potatoes and pancakes very good also. Eggs and ham were ok. Overall we had plenty to eat, it was very good and everyone enjoyed it. Will go back again.

3  Thank Bert H