“Breakfast was Ok but kinda pricey $$”

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Ranked #13 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast. They serve it family style. Pancakes was kinda dry and bland but fresh warm donuts were to die for. For 2 adults and 1 child our bill was $32. That did not include tip. We just thought it was okay. Maybe dinner would have been better. They are not open for lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Food was terrible. Service was worse. Absolutely a waste of time and money. Go ANYWHERE else!!! Even the manager was beyond rude and when I asked who she reports to, she told me she was the owner. Completely disappointed in the experience there. My daughter wanted to buy a horse and it was broken and was priced at $24.99 but in the half off section. I asked if they would discount it more because sound didn't work and the manager told me that's why it was half off. She was very condescending and had no customer service skills . She basically said I was lucky to get a broken toy at half off..... I would never go back!!!!!!!!

5  Thank Vanessa R
Reviewed March 19, 2014

the food is served family style and all you care to eat. its absolutely delicious and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

One of the best places I've been to for breakfast. The staff was nice, quick, and friendly. The donuts and biscuits & gravy were delicious. We bought a dozen donuts to take home!

A little tip, CALL before going. The hours change based on the season, day, and weather. So call ahead of time to make sure they'll be open.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

MY husband and I traveled to wisc dells in Jan 2014, we to eat there for breakfast and the lot wasn't even plowed. Traveled back to the dells in March with our kids in March 2014. After avoiding the hour wait at Buffalo Phils we came to Paul Bunyan's for lunch to find that it only serves breakfast and dinner. Cant seem to catch a break in the dells. They only have few places open with clearly too many visitors for the few accommodations. Think we'll just stay at a location with its own restaurants if we visit the dells anymore in the winter time.