“One of the BEST places for breakfast in the Dells!”

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It is a yearly tradition that my family and I go to this Northwoods styled lumberjack themed cook shanty. The food is absolutely delicious and the service is top notch.

It has your breakfast basics like pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage/ham and even biscuits and gravy. Of course, also the all important doughnut.

Paul Bunyan also has a dinner menu, but we've only been here for breakfast, so I'll leave that for another reviewer.

Highly recommended for all age groups.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,846)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been coming to Paul Bunyans since I learned to walk....now 28 years later, I still love it! Its so cool to bring your own kids to a place you went to as a child. We went for breakfast. Its your basic stuff....eggs, hashbrowns, sausages, awesome rubbery pancakes, and the dough nuts!!! YUM. They used to give you applesauce with those delicious doughnuts. Not sure why they stopped that, because it was delicious on top of them and eating it with a fork.

We had a super nice waitress that did her best to keep our 1.5 year old happy. We got there at 7 am right when they opened since our babies are early risers. There were only 2 other people in the restaurant. It was a great time to go. Great service and no problem getting a table!

Would definitely return every time we hit the dells for a weekend. Love Paul Bunyans!!!

1  Thank threepooches
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Paul Bunyan cook shanty, if you like family style dining this is the only place to go. Had little bit of a wait but it was worth it.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

For the most part there is a set menu for each day with the menu changing from day to day with only a few options other than the set menu. That being said, it is an all you can eat meal in a family setting, you sit and they bring more food to you as you want it. I've been there for breakfast and for dinner, both were amazing! I highly recommend the beef pot roast and fried chicken combination which comes with salad or coleslaw, mashed potatoes and gravy, awesome homemade bread, corn, and dessert. Did I mention it is all you can eat??

Reviewed September 6, 2013

considering 95% of people are all ordering the same thing, I cannot imagine why the service is so slow. The food was acceptable, but not great and the only reason we knew that dessert was included was that we heard a different waitress tell the table next to us about it, ours never mentioned it. For the price I would go somewhere else

1  Thank Kclineff