“Paul Bunyan shanty”

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Fredericksburg, Iowa, United States
“Paul Bunyan shanty”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Paul Bunyan cook shanty, if you like family style dining this is the only place to go. Had little bit of a wait but it was worth it.

Big Lake, Minnesota
“Good Value In An Expensive Resort Town”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For the most part there is a set menu for each day with the menu changing from day to day with only a few options other than the set menu. That being said, it is an all you can eat meal in a family setting, you sit and they bring more food to you as you want it. I've been there for breakfast and for dinner, both were amazing! I highly recommend the beef pot roast and fried chicken combination which comes with salad or coleslaw, mashed potatoes and gravy, awesome homemade bread, corn, and dessert. Did I mention it is all you can eat??

• Visited September 2013
Spring City, Pennsylvania
“I would not go back again”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

considering 95% of people are all ordering the same thing, I cannot imagine why the service is so slow. The food was acceptable, but not great and the only reason we knew that dessert was included was that we heard a different waitress tell the table next to us about it, ours never mentioned it. For the price I would go somewhere else

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kclineff
burnsville
“fun for the whole family”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

lot's of good breakfast food. get here early , as lines form fast. fun decor and atmosphere, Waiter was great.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, IL
“My favorite place in the Dells”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been to the Dells many times and I have discovered that most places to dine are not that great and not that cheap. This is where I find Paul Bunyan's has the upper hand - they are better and cheaper than everyone else. Granted, I wouldn't call this fine cuisine but rather hearty food and an abundance of it. The ambiance is exactly the same as when I went 15 years ago. The service can be hit or miss as it is college students working there for the summer. My favorites things there to eat are the warm donuts, breakfast potatoes, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and ribs. If you see a line out the door, don't be discouraged, it goes very fast!

• Visited August 2013