“A Wisconsin Dells Classic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over 56 years and four generations later, Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty welcomes your family to our family! Your Wisconsin Dells vacation would not be complete without a Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack meal. We take extreme pride in serving the freshest family style breakfast, lunch and dinner. With our ever-so-famous homemade buttermilk donuts made fresh every day, keeps our visitors coming from miles away just to pick up a dozen!
Oak Brook, Illinois
“A Wisconsin Dells Classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A multi-day trip isn't complete without a breakfast as Paul Bunyan's if you have kids. Served family style; scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, diced hash browns, biscuits & gravy, juice, pop and coffee or tea.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kristopher P

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the cost, will never come back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

All you can eat, this is a sit down, home style meal. Which is fine, however when you're expecting choices because you're kids are picky, not so much, you're limited only to what they're cooking that day. The food tasted ok until I came to a rather long hair in my bbq ribs. The waitress only offered to bring us more ribs & the front desk said I should talk to my waitress. My family left still hungry after spending almost 65 dollars. I will never return here, poor customer service & hair in the food will not get repeat business.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jeveda
Lombard, Illinois
“Place you need to check out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat. It's been in the Dells for as long as I can remember. We went for breakfast, but they so serve dinner too! All food is served family style. At breakfast the donuts are great.

• Visited March 2013
“Great food great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped with a group of 8 while in the Dells. It was a great choice. All of us loved the food and atmosphere. Yummy donuts and wonderful gift shop. Don't miss out on this place.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All You Can Eat Garbage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Paul Bunyans in the Dells was the most disappointing part of our trip...lets start with the water. It tasted like something was very very wrong with it...I took two sips and was done. The kids who are employed there are useless. I asked for milk (which is served in a carton) twice and never received it. When we got there at 11:00 am I was asked to pay 2 additional dollars for a soda! Ridiculous...
The eggs were wet...yes wet...the biscuits and gravy were cold, the sausages tasted like metal. The ONLY and I mean only thing we were served that was edible were the donuts. My husband said that even the ham tasted "off". We won't be back...don't waste your money on overpriced SLOP in bowls.

• 3 of 5 stars