“Sensational steaks”

Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
La Crosse, WI
“Sensational steaks”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

You will pay dearly for your meal, but plan on savoring every bite. I order prime rib often, but this was the best ever. I asked for an end cut, but my server got me one close to the end so that it had lots of flavoring but also more meat, less fat -- he "did me right." I got 2 meals out of that one. The mixed vegetables were exceptional and bounteous with brussel sprouts, peppers, asparagus, etc. Very unique and tasty. Cherries jubilee sundae was a great dessert as well. My server was very attentive in the bar area, and I was able to watch the entire Wisconsin Elite 8 game while there with no pressure. I would return here; not what I expected at a water park!

• Visited March 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Your delicate descriptions made my mouth water. Thank you so much for taking a moment to share and furthermore, visiting us! Certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest. I hope that we have the privilege to have you as our guest time and time again. Be well.

Reedsburg,Wisconsin
“awesome”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is the best steakhouse in WI Dells. My wife and I enjoyed an absolutely fabulous meal and service. We knew the prices were on the high end and are expectations were also extremely high. We were not disappointed. Service is top notch. The presentation of entrees table side was great. Our server checked on us frequently to make sure all was well. The portions are extremely generous. So be hungry or be prepared to take home a "doggy bag". Side dishes are served family style. My steak was done perfectly as was my wife's seafood entree. The salads are fresh and crisp. I ordered an appetizer of fried calamari, which came with small shrimp. So tasty! It was easily the best I have ever had. The ambiance was great. We will return and have already been recommending the restaurant to everyone who enjoys fine dining. We will definitely return

• Visited March 2014
What a pleasure to have you and your wife join us for an evening of fine dining. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience not only on TripAdvisor but your friends as well. What an honor?! We are so very much looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care and thank you!
Janesville
“Steak cooked to perfection”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited double cut while in the Dells on our honeymoon. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. We sat in private dining and had the whole room to our self for the first half of the meal (it was a Monday night during off season). This was a plus! We were able to enjoy our dinner in front of a fire place with minimal interruptions. The steak was cooked perfectly, but neither me or my husband were a fan of the "steak fries". We had plenty of leftovers even with getting the petite cut. Take note when sides say "sharable". Overall a wonderful experience!

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Congratulations on your recent nuptials! Most certainly our pleasure to help celebrate! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I will be sure to share the feedback with our team from all the delights, to the steak fries. We can't wait to see you again, maybe for your 1 year anniversary?
New Lisbon, Wisconsin
“By far our favorite restaurant in the Wisconsin Dells.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We weren't in the mood for a heavy dinner so we were afraid we had made a mistake. However, we sat at the bar and had the most amazing sandwiches ever. The food was great, the drinks were great and the service was outstanding! Forget FIVE stars - they deserve SIX! Kalahari is definitely the best of the best!

Visited March 2014
Highland, IN
“Stick to the meat!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My family and I celebrated our daughters birthday at Double Cut. Service and atmosphere were very good. Steaks very very good. Had great flavor. Lobster Mac and cheese excellent. Portions are not as huge as Kaminsky Bros. but steaks were more flavorful. Their rosemary olive bread with garlic herb butter was Yummy! Desserts were average! My one warning is to stay away from the oyster shooters!! My husband got terribly sick afterwards!!! Stick to steak!!!

• Visited March 2014
We very much appreciate you visiting us and taking a moment to share your thoughts. I will be sure to share all your feedback with our General Manager and Chef. In fact, I would love the opportunity to connect you with our General Manager about your concerns of the oyster shooters. Feel free to email me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. Hope to hear from you soon!