“Slightly off the main drag”
Review of Sand Bar

Sand Bar
Ranked #34 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Unless you wander the sidestreets or head over to the Amtrak train depot (itself worth a look because it's a beautiful, classic old station), the Sand Bar is off the regular tourism radar. We went last trip (to best take advantgae of the Great! 2-for-1 drink cards each member of our group had) and will go again on all future visits. Friendly, clunky, unpretentious, smalltown, folksy atmosphere with excellent prices (even without a 2-for-1) and none of the noise/crowdedness of the main drag during peak season. If it's primarily peopled by locals, they're friendly locals, and if it's mostly peopled by other visitors who stumbled upon it, they should feel as upbeat about this trip-from-a-trip as we did. I'd bad mouth some of the other Dells bars in more premium real estate to upsell the Sand Bar but: 1) that wouldn't be very constructive; and 2) I bet lots of their employees come here to drink.

1  Thank Musicmaster

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stopped in this past Saturday night to try the steak that I've herd so much about, and it was amazing. The guy working suggested the salsa, so I added it . This place is spot on with thier food and excellent service!!!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great fish fry and very nice servers. I don't do bars but I do like to eat out and this place I would look forward to eating at.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

They moved up the road to a bigger building. It was a Sunday afternoon and only one bartender/ server taking care of the place. Food was dryed out and overcooked, nothing like the fantastic burgers they used to make, just another place in the Dells to add to my "will never go back there again"

Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Of course very sorry your visit to Sand Bar was not up to par. We take great pride in our service and food. Would appreciate you contacting us at sandbardells.com as we would love to talk with you about your visit. Thank you for your time!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is our favorite place to go fun and relaxation when we're in the Dells. We started going to the old place moved with them to the present place. All the bartenders are alot of fun. Great game day specials. Some of best bar cilli I've had anywhere. Cann't say enough about all the differant sandwiches. We have so much fun that we never want to go, and they never want you to go.