“Not good!”

Ranked #111 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Don't do it! Buffet style with really bad food. They use A LOT of salt in their eggs. The french toast, pancakes, and waffles all sat under hot lamps for quite a while, I would guess. They were hard and difficult to cut. It was bad.

1  Thank JoeyLeggs
There are newer reviews for Market Fresh Buffet at Chula Vista Resort

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've been to this restaurant a couple times last summer so we wanted to come try it again. My husband and I came with our 10 month old daughter for dinner recently and we had a great experience.

I would say this experience was even better than last year. The food was delicious and they had a great selection of items. The service was great and everyone was friendly. It was $22.99 each for the dinner buffet but in the Dells everything is expensive. We ate at the buffet at the Wilderness Resort the night before and it was $19.99 each and TERRIBLE. We wished we had just come to the Market Fresh Buffet both nights.

Next time we come to the Dells we will eat here again!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

First of all, after reading others reviews, I would remind you that the price you pay for a meal significantly influences your perception of the meal. This breakfast buffet was disappointing on many levels. First, the price for anyone 12 and up is 12.99. If you have a larger family with teenagers, this can be quite expensive. The selection was limited...for instance: fruit was strawberries, orange wedgies and pineapple. I was shocked to see they had not removed the outer layer from the pineapple?! The pastries were blahhh...not very good. Also, my daughter found a hair in her danish. Our server said that the pastries are made off-site and reduced the cost of my daughter's meal. I felt her meal should have been refunded. Also, the milk was out and I could not find anyone to help me. There was only 2 pancake people and the omlete maker behind the line. They appeared under-staffed. I eventually had to alert our server to the problem. Also, the food warmers didn't seem to work very well as most food was luke warm and borderline cold by the time you sat down to eat it. The only highlight was the pancake station where they were making picture pancakes for the kids. With a resort like the Chula, I feel like they are missing it big time at this buffet. It has potential but definitely not worth the price at the moment!! I would compare the breakfast to one given free at an Embassy Suites or the like...

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was a nice place to go, it was free for us with the package that week booked so for us it was worth it, we stopped on our way out of town. It is a buffet, they have good food on the buffet spread couldn't complain about that. For 6 people it would have cost us 85.00 for breakfast. Kind of pricey for breakfast in my opinion!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

As you can tell from my title, I loved the made to order omelettes. I found that the other dishes were luke warm as if the warming dishes were not working. The dinner buffet was an Italian persuasion and decent if you like pasta... they also had a made to order pasta station also.