“Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!”

Ivory Coast
Ranked #44 of 187 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
maloneymoni@yahoo.com
“Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Greasy, cold, and over priced! STAY AWAY! We tried the artichoke chicken sandwich, which is supposed to be one of their best items. It came out soggy and the plate was warmer than the sandwich. It was so gross I only ate a bite or two and still got a stomach ache.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Maloneymoni

Waldo, Wisconsin
“Oh Well....”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our family first tried this restaurant a year ago - and we weren't that impressed - slightly expensive and so-so food (it is located in the main lobby of the Kalahari Resort). This year when we visited we thought we would give it one more try. The food hasn't improved (we even we ordered different items). To add insult to injury - the restaurant was half full and the service was SLOW beyond belief. Both my wife and I agree we will never return to the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Carry-Out Leaves Much to Be Desired”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I did the Play 'n Dine package in which we each paid a little more for our meals ($6 more each) in exchange for 2 $10 arcade cards. This made our meals a good value in our opinion, but I would have been very unhappy if I paid $16 per person for what we received.

First, we asked for carryout so we could take the food up to our room. The hostess had to ask if that was acceptable, which it was. We then sat at the bar for a long time waiting for the food to be delivered to us (about 20 minutes).

No condiments or toppings were offered so we went down the hallway to the quick service snack bar and picked up some ketchup, etc. there. I was not thrilled to see limp fries that were not cooked thoroughly when we returned to our room.

We also ordered our burgers to different "doneness." Our carryout boxes were not labeled with the doneness nor were we verbally told which burger was which. They appeared identical so we just had to guess. There was no perceivable difference in the taste of the burgers so I am guessing that the cooks overcooked my husband's burger.

I have eaten in this restaurant once before and I would definitely seek other places to dine before this one. It is not inexpensive but doesn't deliver value and flavor for the price.

• Visited November 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Ivory Coast at Kalahari”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Kids orange juice was $4 a pop! Boo! But food was yummy and the atmosphere was relaxed and festive. Breakfast was good and speedy. Happy hour had some nice deals.

Visited October 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Ivory Coast, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I'm happy you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We appreciate the comments on the atmosphere and I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our Happy Hour Specials. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Finally left”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went for lunch, early in the lunch hour and the restaurant was not at all full. The woman taking my names asked me if I minded a tall table. Being a short person, I said I'd rather have one of the regular open tables (there were many empty ones). She rolled her eyes, shrugged her shoulders and reluctantly showed me to a table. I got a menu and then proceeded to wait for over 29 minutes. Still no one took my order. I just finally left.

• Visited September 2013