“Carry-Out Leaves Much to Be Desired”
Review of Ivory Coast

Ivory Coast
Ranked #59 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I did the Play 'n Dine package in which we each paid a little more for our meals ($6 more each) in exchange for 2 $10 arcade cards. This made our meals a good value in our opinion, but I would have been very unhappy if I paid $16 per person for what we received.

First, we asked for carryout so we could take the food up to our room. The hostess had to ask if that was acceptable, which it was. We then sat at the bar for a long time waiting for the food to be delivered to us (about 20 minutes).

No condiments or toppings were offered so we went down the hallway to the quick service snack bar and picked up some ketchup, etc. there. I was not thrilled to see limp fries that were not cooked thoroughly when we returned to our room.

We also ordered our burgers to different "doneness." Our carryout boxes were not labeled with the doneness nor were we verbally told which burger was which. They appeared identical so we just had to guess. There was no perceivable difference in the taste of the burgers so I am guessing that the cooks overcooked my husband's burger.

I have eaten in this restaurant once before and I would definitely seek other places to dine before this one. It is not inexpensive but doesn't deliver value and flavor for the price.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Kids orange juice was $4 a pop! Boo! But food was yummy and the atmosphere was relaxed and festive. Breakfast was good and speedy. Happy hour had some nice deals.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Ivory Coast, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

I'm happy you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We appreciate the comments on the atmosphere and I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our Happy Hour Specials. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went for lunch, early in the lunch hour and the restaurant was not at all full. The woman taking my names asked me if I minded a tall table. Being a short person, I said I'd rather have one of the regular open tables (there were many empty ones). She rolled her eyes, shrugged her shoulders and reluctantly showed me to a table. I got a menu and then proceeded to wait for over 29 minutes. Still no one took my order. I just finally left.

1  Thank Beth C
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate at this restaurant the first night of our stay. The food was excellent and the portions were big, but what was puzzling was the restaurant wasn't that busy; yet we had to wait an inordinate amount of time for our food to arrive.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Ivory Coast, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the food. Thank you for providing the feedback on the timing. I will be sure to relay that to our chefs. I do hope that when you return we have the opportunity to see you again. Take care!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, clean and comfortable. Prices aren't bad. Unique iced tea presentation.

Short and Sweet. Love it! Thank you for taking the time to review us! I hope that we can see you again in the future. Take care!