“it was a lucky day.”

Fishermans Luck Bar & Grill
Ranked #104 of 196 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 26, 2015

we decided spur the moment to head down the Wisconsin River on a canoe with a 50 pound thrust trolling motor. we really didn't think the trip through at all but we plan on camping at the sandbar. A few miles down the River we noticed a sign off to I left it just so happened to be this restaurant, Fishermens luck bar and Grill. Well since we did not have our IDs or wallets or any form of cash or money we decided it would be a fantastic idea to stop inside the restaurant for a bite to eat! lol. to our surprise they actually let us start a tab which we will be paying shortly via the usps. I don't think I've seen that many dollar bills plastered on the wall and ceiling in my life. it seems to be a fun bar you get random travelers from the river walking through the swampy area between the river and the bar. If you're grossed out by nature I would not suggest making this short two minute hike through the water it can get pretty dirty and it's actually extremely warm water.
PS try their chicken mushroom and Swiss burger it's very good.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank mr P
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We just recently took a last minute trip to the Dells and stayed at the Fisherman's Luck RV campground. And while everyone at the campground were camping RV style my husband, our 2 year old boy, 2 friends and I camped in a tent! I had called and asked if they had any availability for the weekend and had mentioned that we were using a tent. Sandi (one of the owners, the other is John) told me that they aren't a camp ground however they do have ONE spot that could accomodate us. So we took it! We got there pretty late, so by the time we got set up we were ready to look around a bit. Walking around we realized we were RIGHT next to the Wisconsin River. A VERY quiet part of the river, too! They have a nice long dock so you can go out there at night and enjoy the quiet noises of nature. Waking up there was so nice. First thing I did was take pictures of the awesome views. The camp site was so private, too. Which made me feel so comfortable leaving all our camping gear there all day while we were crusin the river in our boat. There is also a Bar and Grill in the park. The food was good and it had a very cool atmosphere. The bathrooms were a little messy but it didn't even matter cause we were having such an awesome time. We will most definitely be staying with them again. I highly recommend any small group wanting to camp to stay here!

Date of visit: August 2011
1  Thank xoxoemmyxoxo
Reviewed July 17, 2011

It's off the beaten path and worth it! From their taco salads to their steaks, this place has great tasting food served by the husband and wife owners. Husband John, does the cooking-and wow can he cook! My steaks are always to order and tender enough to use a butter knife to cut them. Wife Sandi tends the bar and makes a mean Bloody Mary! The Luck is right on the river and has a beautiful view. You can canoe and come in!
I have been back many times. I fully recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: July 2011