“If you want to spend your vacation in the Dells on a toilet then this is the place to eat at!”

Crabby’s Hot Rocks
Ranked #103 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: Crabby’s is the first and only restaurant in Wisconsin to offer Hot Rock cooking, which is the newest phenomenon in the culinary world. Here at Crabby's Hot Rocks you cook your food in an unique and healthy way on sizzling volcanic rock right at your own table! Our lava stones are heated to 750 degrees Fahrenheit and you can easily prepare your food ensuring you that every bite is just as hot and juicy as the first bite. Your steak or seafood will always be cooked just the way you like it. Have fun and be your own cook. This is a dining experience that you will never forget. Crabby's also has Hot Rock appetizers and don't miss out on the Paradise Bar, located right when you walk it. See you soon!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

DO NOT EAT HERE! This is by far the worst place I have ever eaten!

Upon arrival we were greeted by confused employees trying to disable an alarm. This should have been a warning sign to turn around and walk out the door. After a short time we were seated at a large cafeteria style table in a crowded room.

Their pirate theme is fun for kids but the animated puppets and music creates a chaotic atmosphere making it diffuclt to even speak to one another or feel at ease while dining.

We came to the restaurant just for crab legs but after learning that we had to order the $20 buffet in order to even get the opportunity to order crab legs ($10/lb) we didn't splurge on them. We also had a 2 year old and 4 year old with us costing $6 a piece for their meals. Unfortunately we were not informed of this gimmick until AFTER we ordered our drinks.

When selecting my food I was hesitant towards eating any of it just by looking at it. I chose to just eat salad and cottage cheese because the food looked very greasy. I thought I chose wisely out of all the other members in our group but learned I was wrong. Taking a bite of my cottage cheese I discovered a long, black hair with my tongue. I nearly vommited in the restaurant and could no longer eat. My father also found a large piece of plastic in his food. Everything looked and tasted very processed like it had simply been heated up in an oven.

We left abruptly after discovering too many non-food items in our food. We went home feeling sick and ordered a pizza. A few of us were sick that night and most of the next day spending lots of time in the bathroom.

Don't waste your time, money and health eating here.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Horribly overpriced and bad tasting food. Very dissatisfied. I went away hungry, broke, and ridiculed by my family for my awful choice in restaurants!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

How can you have a bad experience eating crab, easy. The legs were small and to find a waiter for some more is only out of luck.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Do not stop here but put your foot on the gas and keep driving past this place. Worst seafood ever... in fact my gal and I could not eat any for months after. Overpriced terrible seafood. I could not get a lower rating for this place so I had to go with a 1.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The atmosphere was neat and the kids thought it was neat but that was about it. If it was less expensive I would think about it but not for the price. I live in a small town and we have better seafood buffets. I would pay $10.00 for it but not the $20 I think it was.