“Very nice”

Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Locally owned & operated Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. is considered one of the largest brewpubs in the Midwest. With 24,000 square feet of space to serve fresh homemade pizza & hand-crafted brews, Moosejaw Pizza proves that all restaurants are not created equal.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went here on a family outing, others had been here before but I had not. Really love the atmosphere, I'm glad we got there early because it was pretty busy when we left. Their root beer is awesome! Love there delivery cars also.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,113)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My family and I were in the Dells last weekend and I specifically requested that we eat lunch at Moosejaw. Our party of four was seated immediately.

First, the ambiance is a lot of fun! The theme is wilderness-y with antler chandeliers and lots of wood, but with a special Canadian twist. My husband took me up to the second floor to view the large brewing equipment (they make their own beer on site). There is also a basement level with a bar and arcade.

Second, the food was pretty good. I enjoyed a homemade orange soda made on the premises and it was really tangy and zippy. My husband was less than impressed with the house-made Honey Ale due to its lightness and lack of flavor but enjoyed the Apple Ale more. Being a big fan of Italian food, I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and was pleasantly surprised. The meatballs had a lot of flavor and the red sauce was perfectly serviceable. My in-laws enjoyed their sandwich and burger meals. My husband had to send back the pizza he ordered because he asked for light sauce, extra cheese and it was delivered to the table with extra sauce, light cheese. However, they made him a new pizza within a few minutes and left the original at the table for the rest of us to eat.

We also had a ten percent off coupon which the staff graciously honored.

I would be happy to return to the Moosejaw in the future. Fine food and great ambiance makes for a nice lunch.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've been to Moosejaw several times on trips to the Dells, and can say that every time I've been impressed. It's a large place with several seating areas, an arcade, a bar, and a gift shop. Love the beer bread but LOVE the beer more. They brew themselves on sight. Have taken plenty of growlers (large bottles of beer) to go. All of the food over the years has been fantastic. Homemade chips are great! Sometimes there is a bit of a wait for seating, but it's always worth it. Once when it was particularly noisy (bachelorette party) we asked to be moved and they accommodated us quickly with no hassle. Nice atmosphere, great food, great drinks, great place! Great for family or friends or a date!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been been here a couple times with friends and they are very accommodating with bigger groups. We even had a large bachelorette group here once. The service is always fast and employees are friendly. I've only ever had the pizza and it's always been a good meal. Check out the moose delivery car!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Food was okay. Nothing special about the beer bread. Pasta dish was small, but alright. We tried the ten-pointer. Loved three of the beers, but thought the pumpkin beer was the best we've ever had, and bought a jug of that. Service was fine.