“Sauce was sweet”

Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Locally owned & operated Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. is considered one of the largest brewpubs in the Midwest. With 24,000 square feet of space to serve fresh homemade pizza & hand-crafted brews, Moosejaw Pizza proves that all restaurants are not created equal.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thanks to Paul and Kyle for making our visit memorable. The 6 shooter was an awesome choice to try several of the beers on tap. But the sauce on the calzone and pizza was some of our best tasted. Had a great garlic and sweetness mixed nicely. Great Dells choice

There are newer reviews for Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived at about 6 PM on a friday night. They had three hostesses at the front desk, all with friendly smiles. We were seated where we requested (I asked for a warmer place because I am usually cold in restaurants). The airy, vaulted ceilings and hunting-lodge decor made for a pleasant, casual environment. Our waitress, named Christina, was friendly and helpful, and did a fine job. Our only complaint with her was that the restaurant must have a policy to reuse glasses when refilling sodas, as she just scooped up all three glasses in her arms, disappeared with them, and returned with them full of sodas, but there was no way she kept track of whose glass was whose (we all ordered Diet Pepsi). Good thing I was with my husband and daughter, and none of us had colds. I would have been grossed out if we had gone with another couple. My husband and I split a large premium thin crust pizza, and my adult daughter ordered a reuben and steak fries. $22.00 for a 14" thin crust pizza seemed a bit steep, and we left feeling less than full. The toppings were excellent, and the crust was crispy and cracker-like, but could have had more flavor. A restaurant known for brewing beer should be adding beer to the pizza crust for more flavor. The pizza was lukewarm, so we had to try to put our napkins over it to preserve what heat there was while we ate it. My daughter said she would probably not order the reuben again. So, the visit was pretty mixed for us, and we will not be rushing back. It's too bad, as this could be a really great place.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went to Moosejaw late on a Saturday night, the restaurant was mostly empty and quiet but we had great service and food. We had 5 adults, for drinks we had pub-brewed orange soda, pub-brewed root beer, a Canadian Breeze (?) and a 6-flight of beers. The orange soda was excellent but my husband was not a fan of his Canadian Breeze. My son had the flight of beer and pronounced it all very good, especially the Raspberry ale. The mozzarella sticks were excellent, wrapped in wonton wrappers instead of the traditional crumbs. We also had chicken wings and the consensus was 1 great and 3 yuk. The one was thought they were great said he would definitely order them again; the others thought were too hot and vinegary. The pizza could be ordered thin or thick; we had thick crust, pepperoni and sausage. Very, very good! Would definitely go there again. We all got paper moose antlers to wear and since it was my birthday the staff sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I got a free ice cream sundae.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The food was excellent and the wait staff friendly and knowledgable. The place was very crowded but the wait was not that long and well worth it.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a very long wait to get into this place for dinner. It was after 7 and there were lots of folks waiting to get in. We choose to go there since it was within walking distance of our hotel. Once we did get inside our server was great, food came out quickly and it was very good. My grandson loved the moose antlers we received.