“Great pizza and atmosphere”

Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Locally owned & operated Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. is considered one of the largest brewpubs in the Midwest. With 24,000 square feet of space to serve fresh homemade pizza & hand-crafted brews, Moosejaw Pizza proves that all restaurants are not created equal.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My colleagues and I were in town for a 3-day conference, and attended a kickoff event here our first evening in town, and returned for dinner on our last night because we really enjoyed the food the first night. The first night, we had a wristband for $15 that provided unlimited access to a buffet featuring pizza, salad and breadsticks. The buffet (set up in the basement party space specifically for our group) always offered a great selection of hot pizzas even though the line was always full of people. They kept hot pizzas coming so everyone always had plenty to choose from. Every pizza I tried was delicious. Our wristband also included beer and soda, which we had to get by standing in line at the bar. With just two bar tenders and 150+ people, the wait was long, but manageable. I am not a beer drinker, but tried the raspberry creme ale at the suggestion of the bar tender and really enjoyed it.

Three of us returned for dinner a few nights later and enjoyed booth seating in the bar. The tables are made from slabs of pine that are in natural shape of the slab, so it made seating difficult on one side because a bump out in the slab left little room between the booth back and the table. We enjoyed the mozzarella sticks as an appetizer (cheese sticks wrapped in wonton wrappers and fried, served with marinara sauce.) A colleague tried the beer sampler and enjoyed it. We had pizza and dessert (cheese cake and peanut butter pie), and enjoyed the evening. Service was a bit over attentive, but there weren't many people there at 5 pm on a Tuesday night so our service didn't have other guests to attend to.

There are newer reviews for Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

A group of six friends shared appetizers and each ordered pizza. Three of us had beers, they were good and no one said anything about the beer being flat. So we must have gone on a good day. The place had a rustic atmosphere, clean and friendly. Our waiter was super nice and he checked on us often, refilling our drinks and even split up the check at the end of our dinner which was helpful. We shared the beer bread (very tasty), cheese sticks (not what you normally think of as a cheese stick but there were surprisingly good) and the bruschetta (one of the best that I have had). My husband and I ordered the "supreme" (not actual name but that is what type it was) pizza and it was cooked to perfection. The other two couples ordered specialty pizzas and they commented how good they tasted. We went at a good time; the place was busy but not packed yet. I would recommend checking it out. The appetizers and pizza were tasty.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great rustic atmosphere. Server was very nice and came back often to check on us. We ordered an Alfredo Pizza. It had an alfredo sauce rather than a tomato sauce. Very tasty. Our only disappointment was that the many of the beers in our sampler were flat. My husband says this is due to the fact that they are not going through the kegs fast enough and once you open them time is of the essence. So, our advice..check them out but if you go during off season beware. You will have good pizza but flat beer.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We decided to try Moosejaw after reading reviews. I went with my wife and kids (9 &14) after trying a couple of other restaurants in the Dells (Monks & Sprecher). We all loved the atmosphere! I am a micro beer junkie so I ordered the 6 beer sampler. I enjoyed all of the beers except the apple beer, yuck! I thought I would try it, something different. Kids had burgers and spaghetti and my wife and I had salads. The salads were average but the kids seemed to enjoy their food. Service was good and food came out fast. Food prices were average for a Dells restaurant. I would try Moosejaw again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a WONDERFUL meal at Moosejaw Pizza. Will definitely go back! We enjoyed the Cheese Soup and also loved their pizza!